pulling my hair out with gen3 icp drop.

David N

Reaction score
I see, we'll that would be awesome if that's all it is

If it is, good luck finding that seal. I had to order mine online, and it took a month to get it. Only place in the world I could find a Viton Seal for it, short of buying the whole seal kit from Grainger.

ghohouston

Reaction score
If it is, good luck finding that seal. I had to order mine online, and it took a month to get it. Only place in the world I could find a Viton Seal for it, short of buying the whole seal kit from Grainger.

That's insanity. Did you try hydraulic shops?

97stoker350

Reaction score
Is it possible that your LPOP is not quite keeping up or you are getting a little aeration in the oil. Just thinking outside the box.

I had guys on here tell me this when my srp 1.1 chit the bed. Personally I don't see how it can be a lpop issue since guys run the stock lpops with 400s and big twin setups and gen 3s all the time with no issues

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Most of the aftermarket vendors are pretty short to the point and I always feel as if they don't have the time in a day to talk to you. I guess that probably understandable as well as most of them are likely extremely busy dealing with multiple projects and customers on a daily basis.

This comes from talking to people that have no intention on buying anything from you and just want free advice. We are lucky in that we specialize in one thing, and customers call us for one thing only, which we are more than happy to talk about.

Going off of memory, the 4F665 is the wrong rotation. You either need to custom order it with the proper rotation, or take it apart and flop it. Be careful doing this, I messed up a few pumps before I figured it out (not that I'm always the sharpest tack on the bulletin board tho. :D)

I am also leaning towards a bad seal in the gear pump. Let us know what you find.

Layson

Reaction score
We had the seal replaced in my friends setup. It didn't fix it. Then he had to buy another pump. They are not that much....

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
0153955650305833_3125793175183225974_n_zpsom1wu2gl.jpg

David N

Reaction score
I had one do that as well. Have you taken it apart yet? I bet a seal inside the pump is messed up as well, which caused that shaft seal to blow.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Yes I took it apart what seal? The little thin seals on the plates that surround the gears? Swamps sold me a pump for 260 shipped so I can't complain since I shouldn't have to take it apart. I'll reseal the old one and keep it as a spare at some point. Right now I'm more worried about getting it ready for rudy's.

Latest posts

Members online