Punisher Truck Won't Start?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yeah that FICM will be crap in no time with no cover.

I left an older FICM I bought as a "junker" out, I was going to repair it. It was one of the first one's I had bought. I took it all apart and left it apart INSIDE my house in a heated environment. I could barely even solder it by the time I got to it, the internal components will oxidize to the point where the solder will not wick to it. I can't believe it doesn't have a cover on it...

Test it and let us know what you find.

Jhaddox is right, be careful with the red probe when you're making contact on the FICM, only touch the screw, if you touch the case with it, you'll probably get a fireworks show!

imelmo

Reaction score
Well, ficm appears to be ok. Reads 48V before cranking and 48+ volts while cranking and hitting. Still the same thing though. It'll hit but won't stay running.

Does anyone know if Ford sells just the cover for the ficm? If not I guess I'll have to make something.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Well, ficm appears to be ok. Reads 48V before cranking and 48+ volts while cranking and hitting. Still the same thing though. It'll hit but won't stay running.

Does anyone know if Ford sells just the cover for the ficm? If not I guess I'll have to make something.

This means duct tape... Doesn't it? LOL:poke:

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Are 6.0's anything like 7.3's in that you can unplug the ICP sensor to try to get it to fire with less than the required ICP?

imelmo

Reaction score
I thought we already know the airdog is a pos...

The AirDog is fine. They got me a replacement pump as soon as I let them know. I'm sure the other pump sitting up for a year didn't help anything. And there's plenty of fuel going to it.

golfer

Reaction score
Are 6.0's anything like 7.3's in that you can unplug the ICP sensor to try to get it to fire with less than the required ICP?

A scantool will default and SHOW "enough" ICP, with the sensor unplugged...but if there isn't actually any ICP (mechanically)...this won't work on a 7.3 or a 6.0L...

also, a bad ICP sensor will not prevent a truck from starting...but a true lack of mechanical ICP will...

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Doesn't it take a 150 plus miles to purge all the air out of the oil rails? I would assume its a air issue. Just keep cranking I guess lol

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
A scantool will default and SHOW "enough" ICP, with the sensor unplugged...but if there isn't actually any ICP (mechanically)...this won't work on a 7.3 or a 6.0L...

also, a bad ICP sensor will not prevent a truck from starting...but a true lack of mechanical ICP will...

I just meant to get it to fire a little more and maybe get some oil in there.

imelmo

Reaction score
Doesn't it take a 150 plus miles to purge all the air out of the oil rails? I would assume its a air issue. Just keep cranking I guess lol

It would've started by now with as many times as it's hit. Can't really check anything else without a scanner.

Jhaddox

Reaction score

You would think he's cranked enough for a start...and plus once it fires it should keep running not just shut down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imelmo

Reaction score
I should add there's some white fuel smoke coming out also while cranking so it's getting fuel it would seem. I'll get a vid of it in a little bit.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Really random...but did a different computer go into the truck where the strategy wouldnt of been the same as the tunes that you have for it now Danny?

Did it run and then just start doing this or was this the first attempt at cranking?

imelmo

Reaction score
First attempt at cranking, no tune in the truck. I'm going to try one more thing and swap the ficm with my '05 tomorrow just to totally eliminate that. After that it'll be heading to G Racing (Jason) in Beaumont since I can't do anything else without a scanner or anything. I'd like someone to look it over real good anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.