QSSB into an HFSB

SeeYa

Reaction score
I just talked to Pius about these "quoted" prices. After our chat I have a better understanding as to why these two different prices were given to us.

First of all I want to put to bed any ideas that we "lied" to anyone. This is not the case and really wish people would not post out of anger.

As per Pius- there are two different prices. Now that he explained them in depth to me today it makes perfect sense. Furthermore, Pius offers a specialty turbo. The materials he uses are top notch. The price to convert one turbo design to another is not cheap.

1. The conversion done on a "used" turbo that needs to have "warn" parts replaced makes it cost more. There will be a different higher quote.

2. If a turbo was never installed the conversion is much simpler. This makes the price less. (This scenario is unlikely unless an old dealer for WOP still has several stocked on their shelves.)

Now this has been explained thoroughly I feel without a doubt Pius quoted Justin the non-installed/slightly used turbo pricing back in March and a warn used turbo he would need to do much more to was quoted recently. It's not like he just pulls pricing out of a hat for that day. This is not how he does business.

Pius apologies for the confusion.

I am "quoting" this from an email he just sent me for upgrading the QSSB to an HFSB.

"End user cost = $700.00
This involves supplying new HFSB comp. wheel , Machine comp. hsg.installing repair kit , and labor which includes rotating group assembly balance
To qualify for above prices , the turbo must be in perfect condition. If there is shaft wear and bearing housing bore wear , seal bore wear or unusable thrust components , etc. price will be re-quoted."

He also wanted to explain that a quote can change depending on the cost of materials. He will be getting another updated materials list in February. I would not sit on your laurels very long if you want this done just in case he has to go up on pricing.

If you have any more questions let us know.

~Diane

Last edited:

Strokersace

Reaction score
That is the price we were given by Pius.

We have asked him three different times and every time we received different answers. The price that was given to you was the most current pricing from Pius(we thought it was outrageous as well).

When you contacted us back in March, it was a much more reasonable price that was given to you.

Thanks Justin. Yeah, when I 1st contacted you in March it was $650ish, then when I emailed Diane back in mid-late May, she forwarded onto James and Jody and both replied after contacting Pius. Both stated $950+ shipping even for a very low mileage turbo. After further emails with James, it was confirmed that the price was correct and he wasn't pleased of the price hike. He was very helpful if checking for me.

I just talked to Pius about these "quoted" prices. After our chat I have a better understanding as to why these two different prices were given to us.

First of all I want to put to bed any ideas that we "lied" to anyone. This is not the case and really wish people would not post out of anger.

As per Pius- there are two different prices. Now that he explained them in depth to me today it makes perfect sense. Furthermore, Pius offers a specialty turbo. The materials he uses are top notch. The price to convert one turbo design to another is not cheap.

1. The conversion done on a "used" turbo that needs to have "warn" parts replaced makes it cost more. There will be a different higher quote.

2. If a turbo was never installed the conversion is much simpler. This makes the price less. (This scenario is unlikely unless an old dealer for WOP still has several stocked on their shelves.)

Now this has been explained thoroughly I feel without a doubt Pius quoted Justin the non-installed/slightly used turbo pricing back in March and a warn used turbo he would need to do much more to was quoted recently. It's not like he just pulls pricing out of a hat for that day. This is not how he does business.

Pius apologies for the confusion.

I am "quoting" this from an email he just sent me for upgrading the QSSB to an HFSB.

"End user cost = $700.00
This involves supplying new HFSB comp. wheel , Machine comp. hsg.installing repair kit , and labor which includes rotating group assembly balance
To qualify for above prices , the turbo must be in perfect condition. If there is shaft wear and bearing housing bore wear , seal bore wear or unusable thrust components , etc. price will be re-quoted."

He also wanted to explain that a quote can change depending on the cost of materials. He will be getting another updated materials list in February. I would not sit on your laurels very long if you want this done just in case he has to go up on pricing.

If you have any more questions let us know.

~Diane

Justin and you both have explained that different prices were given at different times to you from the builder. My apologies.

It was the same turbo I was asking about in March and in May. Very low mileage used turbo. And I'm pretty sure Derek's turbo has more miles on it than the one I had. Which doesn't explain how he got the lower price from the builder with a clearly used turbo, as compared to the very slightly used turbo I was inquiring about. But I digress...

Regardless, I was frustrated because the price changes and although I wanted to run a Pius built turbo, the total cost with update wasn't worth it. So I sold it and got one that'll be better all around and allow me to move up later if I want whereas I would have been maxed on the HFSB.

SeeYa

Reaction score
Thanks Justin. Yeah, when I 1st contacted you in March it was $650ish, then when I emailed Diane back in mid-late May, she forwarded onto James and Jody and both replied after contacting Pius. Both stated $950+ shipping even for a very low mileage turbo. After further emails with James, it was confirmed that the price was correct and he wasn't pleased of the price hike. He was very helpful if checking for me.

Justin and you both have explained that different prices were given at different times to you from the builder. My apologies.

It was the same turbo I was asking about in March and in May. Very low mileage used turbo. And I'm pretty sure Derek's turbo has more miles on it than the one I had. Which doesn't explain how he got the lower price from the builder with a clearly used turbo, as compared to the very slightly used turbo I was inquiring about. But I digress...

Regardless, I was frustrated because the price changes and although I wanted to run a Pius built turbo, the total cost with update wasn't worth it. So I sold it and got one that'll be better all around and allow me to move up later if I want whereas I would have been maxed on the HFSB.

Without knowing what was found by Pius with Derek's turbo I can't say either.

Lesson learned and yes we will carry-on from here. :D

FORD7.3

Reaction score
Dereks turbo was only pulled out yesterday? So Pius has not seen it yet.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
I told him it had over 100k on it and was prob hammered but he didn't say anything about having to pay more, ill keep you guys updated. He is a week behined on orders so it will be a while.

Swaan

Reaction score
You don't need to know... I hope you don't take offense to that but pius is in a different world of knowledge and experience. And who knows where he pulled parts from to build your turbo, he is brilliant.

I just wanted to know the difference between the lasb and kasb is all. Lol

Swaan

Reaction score
That's it!! I'm going to order a BIGGASSB turbo and beat all you guys!!! Lmao!!!

cjfarm11

Reaction score
All i can say is i really like my HFSB. Its a little laggy cuz i havent been live tuned with it yet but tows well and looks cool lol.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Just an update for those who were curious, my internal bearings were pretty bad. Everything has been replaced, he is sending me the old parts back so I can look at them. $700 plus shipping was the total, I will have some pics next week when it gets here.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
All i can say is i really like my HFSB. Its a little laggy cuz i havent been live tuned with it yet but tows well and looks cool lol.

I have 225's with fast fuel and oil mods so it should be perfect on mine. I'm sure some live tuning will do you some good, or different tunes.

DocBar

Reaction score
Pius probably won't take your call. Maybe, I dunno. He usually doesn't entertain the idea of talking to people who demand to know what makes his stuff work so well. I guess you never know until you try though. Good luck!

TRUTH!! I've been dealing with Pius personally for 1 1/2 years on my compound set up, which includes having a gqsb revamped with a wheel that doesn't flow as much (vqsb is what I believe he called it). We never talk specifics on turbo's, only goals. He has been very specific on things like waste gates and his thoughts and theories on their placement, intercooler piping, etc.

Wtf does hssb, gqssb, hssb, lasb, hfsb, mean?
It sounds like fan boi ricer nut hanger talk for turbo sizing.
"His sh!t spools badly"
"Git quick spit some black"
"Laggy ass sh!tty bomb"
"High frequency sh!t balls"

Somebody says Borg Warner S467.7, I can decipher that.
Maybe I would have bought something else if I had any idea what the hell is being said about those other turbos.
I thought you Canucks were supposed to be nice and polite!! :grouphug:

I did and in around about way he said its the same as a qssb but with a higher flowing compressor wheel. And it was 64 mm and flows more then a 366.

But it sounds like your turbo is the same. Maybe the diffrence is in the exaust side.
Of course every number is ground off of the turbo so who knows what ex housing is on it.
I just never questioned Pius on turbo specs. I wouldn't know what to do with them anyway. He asked me what my goals were and what I had done to the motor and trans and we went from there.

F'ing bullchit then!!

If that's the case, then I was LIED to by DP Tuner and I have emails to prove from them stating that the price had gone up due to (in their opinion) Pius not wanting to mess with rebuilds anymore.

And I went to the distributor because everyone says over and over that Pius doesn't deal with the public except on special occasions and is usually so busy, he doeant have time.

Horsechit, I tell you!!
Hell, he's had my gqssb since last May and I can't get a price out of him for the rework done on it or the LP turbo he's building for me.

I told him it had over 100k on it and was prob hammered but he didn't say anything about having to pay more, ill keep you guys updated. He is a week behined on orders so it will be a while.

He's more than a week behind on some orders. He's about 8 months behind on giving me a price for my turbo's. It's a bit frustrating but my rig is up and running well right now, so I'm not in a huge rush.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
He's more than a week behind on some orders. He's about 8 months behind on giving me a price for my turbo's. It's a bit frustrating but my rig is up and running well right now, so I'm not in a huge rush.

Sounds like he is doing R&D work with your turbo more than anything, which is awesome ha

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.