Question for amp step owners

zporta

Reaction score
I am about to pull the trigger on a set of amp step, but have a few questions first.

Those have installed them, do you have any pictures of them in the closed position under the truck? I have my air compressor and tank under my truck and want to confirm that there won't be any contact with what is mounted.

Thanks guys

Dzchey21

Reaction score
it might be better to post a picture of your compressor to see exactly what you need from us. they tuck pretty tight there isn't much room for anything.

zporta

Reaction score

Jmuck

Reaction score
You're most likely going to have move the compressor and tank. Looks to be right in the way of the steps resting position.

zporta

Reaction score
You're most likely going to have move the compressor and tank. Looks to be right in the way of the steps resting position.

That's what I'm worried about. I have been looking everywhere for pictures of the resting on the internet

not enoughsmoke

Reaction score
this pic is them on my 95 Fummins i don't have pic of them on my 99 Fummins
IMAG0289.jpg

zporta

Reaction score
Thanks man, looks like I'll have to move the tank. The compressor might be fine where it is. I guess I won't know till I have them in my hands

zporta

Reaction score
Look what showed up today
A3BB82CF-CC24-40C4-BB75-6857994ACE04_zps8ybzx7ew.jpg

I held one bracket up just to see where it sets and I might clear. Hopefully I can get it installed this weekend

zporta

Reaction score
I swapped my factory steps onto my Dads 2015 XL f250. And after almost busting my ass every time I stepped out of the truck I knew it was time to jump on the install. I was going to wait for the weekend, but didn't want to wait and tear up my seat or a knee reaching for a step that wasn't there.

Very simple install other then the door trigger wires. When it comes to wiring, that is my one mechanical downfall. Especially fining 4 wires in a loom of 50. The quality of this kit is top notch and everything went together flawlessly. And much to my pleasure it cleared all my air components by an inch. I only had to move my air Chuck which I had coming through a hole in my pinch weld.

I'll post some pictures later, it was getting pretty dark when I finished.

Here is the step swap from my truck to my dads
3B35A777-964E-4B3F-BA9D-49B41223C497_zps0n9ktkoa.jpg

Latest posts

Members online