question on BW fmw 364.5

04cr450

Reaction score
I am glad you like your new setup so much. I am very surprised to hear you give so much credit to just a turbo swap... considering since running the stage 3 you installed a fully built tranny, upgraded intercooler, no limit intake, and new larger 205cc injectors (and maybe a few other things).

I am excited to see some numbers. Any chance on hitting up eric's dyno again. I know you were around 640-650hp and 45psi of boost with the stage 3, 175s, stock intercooler, , stock tranny on its way out, and air raid intake that was rippling up your restricted filter. Sounds like you will easily be in 700-800hp range easy with all the upgrades.

Hey Charlie- I also had the stage 2 turbo with the same setup minus 205's... I love this turbo- similar to the stage 3 but with zero lag. The stage 3 though was working really well with my old setup given what hp it made on the dyno.
Either way, all three setups were/are great. Just pick one for the ones wondering lol you can't go wrong. Only one setup will eliminate the annoying whistle(its annoying to me because I have been dealing with it since 04 hahah)

04cr450

Reaction score
extended cab, 33" tires(actual size is 32.1) and no traction bars but that is changing in the next 2 weeks as I can feel the rear now move with this setup and traction purely stinks and I have new nitto terra grappler tires on 12" wheels

swinky

Reaction score
Should be strong at the track. Assuming a good launch with full fuel pressure and icp I think 12.30s should be doable.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Hey Charlie- I also had the stage 2 turbo with the same setup minus 205's... I love this turbo- similar to the stage 3 but with zero lag. The stage 3 though was working really well with my old setup given what hp it made on the dyno.
Either way, all three setups were/are great. Just pick one for the ones wondering lol you can't go wrong. Only one setup will eliminate the annoying whistle(its annoying to me because I have been dealing with it since 04 hahah)

Its funny how that whistle is a love/hate relationship. I sell drop in 10 blade turbine wheels like crazy to people who just want the whistle.

I was just saying... that you cant change the whole setup on the truck and then compare it to an old setup and give all the credit to one thing. I have seen just the change of an intercooler make a HUGE. I have seen people keep the same size injectors and get them freshened up and see a huge difference. I have had guys not even know they had tranny problems and once they got it built they gained spool up, hp, and decrease track times significantly. Now get new larger injectors, built tranny, upgraded intercooler, and ditch the restrictive air filter all at the same time and that makes a big difference. I would guess 50-75hp, cooler egts, better spool up, and putting power to the ground way better.

not starting a pissing match. I would say the same thing about someone with any turbo setup...

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Oh and before anyone gets upset... I would expect the 64.5 to spool a little faster than the 68mm and would be very curious to see how they would do power wise. I was not trying to compare the two turbos... just surprised that all the other mods were not mentioned.

04cr450

Reaction score
I gotcha^ I know ur not starting a match. I did say though the upgraded injectors contributed to the power etc. I don't bring up the filter or intercooler ans I think that is small stuff that you wont feel seat of the pants wise. My stock trans was ok just lost the torque convertor. I guess I should have told the whole story on my changes, but I don't consider those changes "power changes".. they just help aid in the turbo and fuel. The persons that had asked the differences more than likely get the gist of what I said when comparing the two turbo setups. Most of the guys on here know my setup anyways- I guess I need to post it on my signature so we are all on the same page

Latest posts

Members online