question/tips/tricks/advice/how to thread

Reaction score
Anyone put a block heater on their truck if it didn't come from the factory with one? I would really like one bc my truck sits outside all winter. Didn't know how hard it would be to install one?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Anyone put a block heater on their truck if it didn't come from the factory with one? I would really like one bc my truck sits outside all winter. Didn't know how hard it would be to install one?
you can have mine... i have been in negative digits many times without being plugged in.. no problems at all

live life full throttle

Reaction score
What's the bulb number on the head lights and fogs on a '12?

Any run the plug and play LEDs from dirty diesels?
I was looking at them and the PIAA extreme white bulbs?

Anyone have any info, experience, or opinions on replacement bulbs? I don't want to do anything but switch bulbs in my lights. Just looking for something different.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
What's the bulb number on the head lights and fogs on a '12?

Any run the plug and play LEDs from dirty diesels?
I was looking at them and the PIAA extreme white bulbs?

Anyone have any info, experience, or opinions on replacement bulbs? I don't want to do anything but switch bulbs in my lights. Just looking for something different.

I ran the piaa super whites or what ever you call them for a while. They were alright. I now have the led head lights that josh sells and I like them a lot. The high beams aren't much but I don't hardly ever use them anymore. If you want the piaa lights I'll sell them and the matching fogs for 1/2 price of new. They should be in the box in the shed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
What is the cost of the LED lights you got from Josh?

I'm kinda on the fence on the whole LED light ordeal. I like my high beams. I live in the country and alot of wooded highways with plenty of 200 lb bucks that I need to see when driving at night.

But if the low beams are that much better than factory low beams I could override that in my mind.

I want an honest opinion... not a "i can live without it to justify the cost of the ledz in my mind"

Thanks for understanding. Lol

knaffie

Reaction score

I'm kinda on the fence on the whole LED light ordeal. I like my high beams. I live in the country and alot of wooded highways with plenty of 200 lb bucks that I need to see when driving at night.

But if the low beams are that much better than factory low beams I could override that in my mind.

I want an honest opinion... not a "i can live without it to justify the cost of the ledz in my mind"

If you use your highs a lot, get a led bar. More light for less money.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score

CAT, I run the Lifetime LED lights for heads and Rigid Dually D2's as fogs and can honestly say I've never used the brights. These lights are plenty bright and a huge upgrade over stock. If I were you, I would run the 70w bulbs which are plenty bright.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
How many miles you guys do your first oil change at?
ford says to go with what the dash tells you. others say whenever you want. normally you would after a couple hundred miles to get all the assembly lube and machining particles out but i guess its not needed to change so quick..

live life full throttle

CATDiezel

Reaction score
If you use your highs a lot, get a led bar. More light for less money.

While I do like that option and opinion I have a slight problem with them.

I want to turn around and commit a felony crime punishable by hanging or electrocution when I come across somebody with there's on. They are ridiculously bright and I think about all the women driving cars with car seats in the back full of kids and having to come head on with a young punk kid that thinks it's cool to not turn them off... or simply forgot.

Rant over. I do like the bars but I'm guilty myself of forgetting my highs are on. That's bad enough. The light bars are blinding.

knaffie

Reaction score
While I do like that option and opinion I have a slight problem with them.

I want to turn around and commit a felony crime punishable by hanging or electrocution when I come across somebody with there's on. They are ridiculously bright and I think about all the women driving cars with car seats in the back full of kids and having to come head on with a young punk kid that thinks it's cool to not turn them off... or simply forgot.

Rant over. I do like the bars but I'm guilty myself of forgetting my highs are on. That's bad enough. The light bars are blinding.

You said you used highs a lot. I assumed appropriately. If nobody is there to see them, they'll be no more blinded by a led bar than your highs and you get to see better. ;) We all forget sometimes but I guarantee if you leave the led bar on with oncoming traffic, you'll get lots of reminders to help train yourself to remember.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie... I do like the light bars IN THE BUMPER ONLY. I've just been so mad at people with then I might punch myself if I forgot to shut them off! Not in the mood for a selfie punch. But I do like the curved lightbar.

Also not a fan of every swinging Cick and Dharley having them mounted from everything on honda civics to you name it. Lol. I'm sure the lightbar manufacturers don't mind one bit!!

RedRice589

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie... I do like the light bars IN THE BUMPER ONLY. I've just been so mad at people with then I might punch myself if I forgot to shut them off! Not in the mood for a selfie punch. But I do like the curved lightbar.

Also not a fan of every swinging Cick and Dharley having them mounted from everything on honda civics to you name it. Lol. I'm sure the lightbar manufacturers don't mind one bit!!

I wonder if I could hook a rock light up to light up my belt buckle when I'm walking at night....

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Oh I'm Sure there is a way. I am going to be working on something with some high lows to see if I can get them work how I want like brights or not. I'll have some flood pattern duallys for sale soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online