Race engine block build

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Why not just just find one that runs good and leave the bottom end alone until you break something. As mentioned above 10's are achievable on a stock block.

Unless of course breaking something is throwing a rod through the block, then he needs one to build anyway. This way he can build the motor till he finds a smoking deal on a truck

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Unless of course breaking something is throwing a rod through the block, then he needs one to build anyway. This way he can build the motor till he finds a smoking deal on a truck

Right, with that being said, if the motor is being built first definitely put rods in it because that would suck to thow a rod through your fresh motor.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Probably won't toss a rod but you will bend one eventually. Just do it once and do it right. I had RCD/R&D rods in mine.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Why not just just find one that runs good and leave the bottom end alone until you break something. As mentioned above 10's are achievable on a stock block.

I already have a block at the machinist, just got back from a bake and media cleaning. It's staying with the machinist to get the rest of its internal goodies. Low 10's would be satisfactory, but I hope to push beyond the 700 mark.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
"Low 10's would be satisfactory" lol this guy. Do you have any idea what it takes to get a truck into low 10's?? It takes a hell of a lot more than just power (a sh*tload of that too).

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Whitey from mpd went mid 10's and it made over 1k. IIRC

Our 6.4 race truck is going to have to have around 1k to just get in the 10's. And its light rclb

On top of the power you also need a trans thats going to hold it. Even if you build a trans yourself your in thr 3500 range, but if you pay for it your in the 5-6k range

Then you need a cage/rollbar. So add another 1200-2k

Then wheels and tires to get it there.

Then hope the rears dont get torn up etc etc

Building any race vehicle there are a lot of "then we need this or and we need that's"

Your best bet is to buy one complete if your on a budget.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Your best bet is to buy one complete if your on a budget.

This. We all know how expensive go fast parts are, and how they're worth almost nothing as far as resale goes.

Not to mention there's plenty of high dollar projects that blow up on their maiden voyage or shortly thereafter and sit or get sold out of necessity because there are no funds left.

Insert your own engine into said project or retired vehicle and try it your own way.

Latest posts

Members online