Race engine block build

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I will be picking up the block tomorrow and hang onto it until I decide what I want to do with the pistons. I was originally thinking of immediately boring the motor for .040 over pistons. A friend said not too because the block will crack with that much less cylinder wall. Anyone hear of this/have any experience with this? Until i figure this out i am going to take the motor back paint it up and start using it for mock up.

Whatever the case, I want to go big fuel with this motor of course, I am thinking Hybrid 400/150's. I'm still undecided what turbo setup to clean up all the fuel, but i definitely want compounds, twins, or trips. I think a big single will just be too smokey and hot.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I've ran .040 over blocks in the ranger. No problems. But I don't like going Any bigger than you have to. Then if you mess up a cylinder wall you don't have to get a new block or sleeve it. You can still go more. That's just my thinking tho.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I've ran .040 over blocks in the ranger. No problems. But I don't like going Any bigger than you have to. Then if you mess up a cylinder wall you don't have to get a new block or sleeve it. You can still go more. That's just my thinking tho.

The machinist was suggesting going bigger for power reasons. I like the way you think though, so long as a rod doesn't go blowing a hole in the block. That's good enough reason for me to leave it as is and start building.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
40 over on a 6.0 should be fine. The 6.4 is basically the same block, and there are plenty of 6.4 trucks making big power. They can go 20 or 30 over... so that would be like 120-150 over on a 6.0

Latest posts

Members online