RCD CP3 Kit Install

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Any news on the rocker box update. Really like the kit but there is no chance im sealing with rtv

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
craigs truck been running for a month now have 1000 miles on it and about 60 passes no sign of leaking or oil coming through the rtv

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
If people don't like RTV'ing the rocker box, why not have a bulkhead welded in it? BTW am I the only one who can't see the pictures on the first page?

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I see em fine. To me it doesnt matter if its not leaking or not. Its the fact that theres a large hole in my rocker. I feel a 90 degree fitting through the valve cover and rubber grommet is possible. Id be inclined to buy that over the current setup.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Okay switched to FireFox, now I can see what everyone is taking about. Looks to me like if you just drilled the hole instead of cut a groove in it all you would need to do is weld it up. Swap the fitting from steel to aluminum, hole saw a hole and weld the fitting in there. This would require a fitting with a coupler style collar though so the rail could still be removed interdependently from the rocker box. Seems like an easy enough fix if it keeps everyone happy. Other than that its a really nice and clean looking kit, looks like anyone with hand tools could do this in their driveway.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
See what he says. For the abuse my truck sees i would be a lot more comfortable. Truck is driven a 1000 miles a week and thats if i stay near home on the weekends. It gets the hell beat out of it most weekends. To me it just seems cheap or home made. I dunno. Maybe its just me. Seems to be doin the damn thang so itd be hard to change

BogginF350

Reaction score
There is no way to bulkhead this. They do not leak, a 1/8" of ultra grey rtv and your good to go. It's no different than using rtv to seal where your front cover or bed plate seals stop. I would not market something if I thought it was generic, or cheap. Put one on your truck and you will see what I am talking about. I have been running these kits for two years without and issue. If someone has an issue installing this kit they need to lock up their Rubbermaid toolbox and throw away the key.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Lmao josh. This kit is close to be in my truck. I like that its on the same path as factory belt and no extra tensioners are in the truck. Has anyone put one on with a no limit pipe? Thats what i currently run. Buying a new sled in the next few weeks so well see where funds end up.

BogginF350

Reaction score
Craig's truck has the no limit kit with the cp3. Craig swapped to a stroker cp3 yesterday start to finish in about 15 minutes. Pretty sure that included him talking to hs gf on the phone the whole time he was doing it... Haha

Latest posts

Members online