Red Truck comes apart....Again.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
update time......Heads fell through, so im back looking for a set. most likely gong to pull the engine out this week/weekend, drop the cab back down for now, and push the truck to the side. Too much other stuff coming in right now, and cant afford to have the lift down for much longer....pretty aggravated at the moment......

I have a set of 18mm o-ringed heads from mpd that were decked and gone through. I won't be starting my build for a little, you can have them if you replace them.

patrick@WDI

Reaction score
If you need some heads let me know we have a local guy that does great work and never have had an issue

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
If you need some heads let me know we have a local guy that does great work and never have had an issue

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I appreciate the offer, our machine shop that we use does a great job as well, just wasn't expecting to spend money on new heads, but looks like im gona be doing it anyways....

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
got the motor out last weekend, and put the cab back down. Motor will get some work in the next couple weeks. Waiting for the heads to get back. MPD has the injectors, RCD spings are already here, pushrods on the way, and working on a ported intake manifold as well.

IMG_42191_zps0e70ea9e.jpg

Trevor at PMF just emailed me tracking on the coilvoer bracket mounts as well, and some polishing and powder coating will be under way shortly as well......all the sudden this build got some motivation.

Now I just need to work out the transmission.

DHFF

Reaction score
Cool. These things NEVER go according to plan. Can't wait to see it done.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I appreciate the offer, our machine shop that we use does a great job as well, just wasn't expecting to spend money on new heads, but looks like im gona be doing it anyways....

I know the feeling! Ended up finally buying two new heads (not remans) from Ford. That sucked.

jdc753

Reaction score
Looking great Mark, glad to hear ya found some motivation, gonna be great for next year when you get it all polished up.

I know the feeling! Ended up finally buying two new heads (not remans) from Ford. That sucked.

did the same when i first studded mine a wile back that did sux

Same here, no time to shop around for used set. Ford got almost half of the entire cost of the job thanks to the pair of heads.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
yea, my real motivation was not much room left in the shop, so were getting this thing moving, plus with only putting 7-800 miles on it this year...really makes me want to drive this truck!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well....here is the very little progress I have made in the past month or so...

1512668_620524348003980_816348394_n_zps2d63c675.jpg

wheels are getting some new love..... hope to have my engine and trans painted in the next two weeks. Just gta get my motor back together. Coilovers should be back from polish today. Soon as the powdercoater is done with my coilover parts, il be getting them back together.....might just make my may 1st deadline!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well time for another update, finally getting some more parts together, and hopefully will be able to make some progress today... here is where we are

Wheels are at the powder coater all stripped down and ready for some new color
IMG_43931_zpsfbcca69f.jpg

got my coilovers back from getting polished, these things are going to look amazing on this truck!

IMG_43971_zps118ec23f.jpg

and finally got my new heads in, opted to get all new valves as well to go along with my RCD springs and push rods, and of course they got oringed as well...

IMG_44181_zpsb081a8c2.jpg

IMG_44191_zpse32afd2f.jpg

goal is to get the motor together this week, and get it painted...then some parts will be headed out for powder coating as well....only piece missing is my injectors, and I know the guys down at MPD are working on them.....cab will get pulled back up in a couple weeks and well get working on the frame, and the rest of the suspension.....

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
some more progress.....got the motor just about degreased and cleaned up ready for primer and paint...and got the rocker boxes and valve covers painted, ready for clear.

IMG_4444_zps97ee4e8f.jpg

IMG_4447_zpsb6ccf004.jpg

Latest posts

Members online