Red Truck comes apart....Again.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
looks like im going to go with 250, should be more that enough with the O-rings......weekend plans

assemble the rest of the motor, replace the oil cooler, polish and seal the coilvoers, and hopefully get them together as well...

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
got the motor closer to back together yesterday......Heads are back down, fresh powder coat on the rocker box and valve covers, new oil cooler, just gta toss in the new HPOP, put the wire harness back together...then the oil pan comes off for my turbo drain....some more parts headed out to get powder coated....feels good to make some progress...but a long way to go

IMG_4507_zps49db3fec.jpg

IMG_4506_zps7df40abe.jpg

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
weekend plans....All new Painless powerbraid wire loom for the truck....entire engine harness will be getting cleaned up and recovered....putting in the new HPOP, and should be getting the turbos and piping out for powerder coating....that just leaves the injectors left that we are waiting on....

know all I need is some shop space so I can get the truck back apart!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
didn't get nearly the time I expected to this weekend, spent about an hour last night re-doing my injector harneses.....

from what it looks like, this wire loom is really going to clean up under the hood!

befor
IMG_4533_zps57faf33f.jpg

after
IMG_4534_zpse69d815a.jpg

pictures don't really show how good it actually looks

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Where did you get that loom?

I got this from summit racing

I'm assuming you had to de-pin each connector?

as josh said, no you don't have to depin anything, its split wire loom, but much much better quality then the standard plastic wire loom. On this harness I cut off the top layer of plastic loom and tape, and recovered it that way I wont have issues with heat.

its going to be a painful process, but will certainly look clean when its all done!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
More of the wiring harness got done, got some teaser pics of my wheels, coilovers should be back together this weekend, thing is coming together.....but a long way to go...pics on monday

Latest posts

Members online