Redemption

Reaction score
After four months of driving my fox body I have decided to fix my truck. Don't get me wrong driving a old fox is fun but it's not as badass as a diesel truck lol.

Motors going to be pulled out rebuilt probably bored over as well
All new bearings new HD Pistons with valve relieves are going in the motor.
All new injectors and injector lines
going to upgrade that s472 to an s475 turbo.
Maybe a new mpd single hpfp :drool:

Gonna need advice on how to put the heads back on with reusing the studs. Don't want to crack my block or anything so any advice will be a big help!

Stroked777

Reaction score
they word on the street it to use the same torque, if you did the studs right the firs time you shouldn't have yielded the stud and it should be fine, as far as the hpfp, who knows how long that will be

side note, my dad has a 87 fox and i absolutly love driving that thing, i need to go steal it some weekend

Stroked777

Reaction score
And another question is just take the block to the machine shop and get the blocked bored and get the crank speced correct? Then let the machine shop put it all back together and let them balance it?
I recall someone doing this and the machine shop didn't put that spacer on right on the back of the crank and made everything out of balance

B585Ford

Reaction score
After four months of driving my fox body I have decided to fix my truck. Don't get me wrong driving a old fox is fun but it's not as badass as a diesel truck lol.

Motors going to be pulled out rebuilt probably bored over as well
All new bearings new HD Pistons with valve relieves are going in the motor.
All new injectors and injector lines
going to upgrade that s472 to an s475 turbo.
Maybe a new mpd single hpfp :drool:

Gonna need advice on how to put the heads back on with reusing the studs. Don't want to crack my block or anything so any advice will be a big help!

I cant remember the details now, were your heads ok?

Reaction score
I cant remember the details now, were your heads ok?

Yea heads are alright just still a lot of diesel getting into the oil so I'm suspecting wrong...got a new hpfp and that didn't fix it.. Checked for a fuel leak with valve covers off and couldn't find anything.. Also getting piston #1 combustion balance so that's the reason for all new injectors, also since it's apart might as well do pistons as well and freshen up the 150000 mile short block

webb06

Reaction score
I would think cam bearings. Main and rod bearings aren't a brass colored material like the cams are

Reaction score
D811734D-DA14-433C-A26D-E38343519442_zpsx4ile2hi.jpg

D2A8D909-6426-4F1A-95B6-24C5EC1B6260_zpszzbnphy4.jpg

E134DCA2-E878-4151-802B-8B4D9CB7194B_zpsyiqk23eo.jpg

9E2AB97B-86DF-4DF0-877B-BDE6E4CF464B_zpsjvhv7ami.jpg

Reaction score
Yes that's diesel... I drained above 45 quarts the first time and I put a new hpfp from ford and ran it not even a mile... So looks like damage is done.. As well as I drained around 20 quarts when I only put 15 quarts... So yea is it possible that cam is gonna be savable?

Latest posts

Members online