Redneck Ram Hydro

22crew

Reaction score
Brand new here, already went through the Newly Enlisted forum and thought i'd start right off with what i need help with. Have an 01 F-250 that i have had on 38's since a week after i bought it in 03. 82,000 miles later and the steering is HORRIBLE. I have gone through everything in the front end and it has been checked and/or replaced. My next plan is the gearbox. I have already tightened down the jam nut once, but i don't like fixing it with a band-aid. I am thinking of going with the Redneck Ram Hydro Assist set-up. I know it is not a PSC or AGR and the price reflects that. I'm not cheap but i am not made of money either. I know it is all basically a weld on set-up as far as tabs for the actuator go but i am thinking of going to a local shop and having something fabbed up. Any opinions are welcome, Thank You.

22crew

phonepics005.jpg

Trav-O

Reaction score
Banks sticker is Causing it...

Check Gearbox, and you all put a Pitman arm in with the lift?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Is it play?
Did tightening the box help?
How much did you tighten the box?
What are your alignment specs. (I have seen these cause a lot of problems)

22crew

Reaction score
Young n dumb was the cause for the sticker lol. I could care less anymore, come with age i guess. A lot of play, i guess i have gotten used to it over the yrs. I really can't honestly tell whether or not tightening it helped. I may have only tightened it 1/2 -3/4 of a turn, just did not feel comfortable tightening it. I don't think an alignment would do anything, that much play in the wheel.

Latest posts

Members online