Reg Return vs. Crossover

2006.1f250

Reaction score
I have Elites RR fuel system on both of my vehicles. It runs from the pump to the front of the heads. Then from the rear of the heads to the regulator. Out of the regulator back to the tank. It will hold whatever pressure it is set at without dropping. The excursion has 185s and the F250 has 205s. Unless the pump is not doing its job, pressure shouldn't drop. Thats taking into account that the filter is good.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I understand how the fuel system works, quite well. I said it previously, there is a difference in static pressure and dynamic pressure, I just find it extremely hard to believe it will hold 65psi at the fuel bowl, but fluctuate 40psi behind the heads. It's still a closed loop system with the regulator bleeding pressure off BEFORE either place I would be reading pressure, in theory it shouldn't matter, however we all know it will, but to what extent? If a pump can supply a given pressure in a regulated system and flow the correct volume to feed the injectors, then pressure should not be fluctuating this much.

Again, it boils down to dynmaic vs static pressure. Most guys are thinking statically.

Pizzapig, what fuel pressure gauge are you using?

I have glowshift gauges

colonyofdrones

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
than I would imagine that's your problem. you need a higher volume pump to keep up with those hot tunes...

That's what I was thinking, but I wanted to see what other folks thought about it. Now the question remains as to what setup would have any semblance of reliability. Not expecting oem stability or anything, just something that would be suitable for daily driving.

I was thinking if I went with a setup that had a separate pump, I could just carry a spare in the truck on long trips. Just thinking out loud here...

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
i have a fass 150 feeding my RR kit. i just bypassed my factory pump and left it on the rail just in case i have to hook it up again

strokin6L

Reaction score
you really don't want the larger pickup tube...they suck. I had a 5/8" pickup tube and it started sucking air little below 1/4 tank. Now i have a hellmann's sump and it's been awesome.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
you really don't want the larger pickup tube...they suck. I had a 5/8" pickup tube and it started sucking air little below 1/4 tank. Now i have a hellmann's sump and it's been awesome.

:whs:

i do have a larger pickup tube and start sucking air at under 1/4 tank. that will go away if you put a sump in it though...

colonyofdrones

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

:whs:

i do have a larger pickup tube and start sucking air at under 1/4 tank. that will go away if you put a sump in it though...

Never had anyone tell me about the larger tube sucking air. Good to know. Not a big deal to install the sump I'd imagine, right?

strokin6L

Reaction score
here's pics of mine

Attachments

• 167.JPG
    167.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 168.JPG
    168.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 169.JPG
    169.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 170.JPG
    170.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 46

redracer62

Reaction score
Never had anyone tell me about the larger tube sucking air. Good to know. Not a big deal to install the sump I'd imagine, right?

not doggin the sump, but ive got a 5/8 pickup tube and i can go all the way down to when the low fuel light comes on. i can even go past if i wanted, and have before. never sucked any air.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Depends entirely on how the large pickup tube was installed. Too far off the bottom of the tank and you will have problems at low fuel levels.

java

Reaction score
My fuel system consists of the AD2, stage 1 braided ss fuel lines from the bowl to the front of the heads and a crossover line in the back of the heads. And now the Hellman sump. When I had the EDE 185cc injectors that setup held 55 psi with ease.

Goose

Reaction score
My fuel system consists of the AD2, stage 1 braided ss fuel lines from the bowl to the front of the heads and a crossover line in the back of the heads. And now the Hellman sump. When I had the EDE 185cc injectors that setup held 55 psi with ease.

But where was your fuel pressure sensor located?

Latest posts

Members online