Remote start

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
I don't know any one there Heck I don't know if they like me since after four mounths the still have my old truck. The unit was just at $200 and an hour to install.

Dang where is your dealer? Lol mine told me $395 for the unit and 1 1/2 hours to install. I'm getting ripped

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I paid extra to have the ford remote start put on my 250 when I bought it. It cost 300 bones (ish) and cost 400 (ish) to install. I wont do it again. It rarely worked. If conditions arent perfect, it failed to start. Parked on a slight incline, windows slightly opened, always something. I dont even use it, on either rig... Go aftermarket, seems to be some good systems out there.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Just talked to my dealer 2 days ago. $295 installed out the door on my 2012 F450 XL work truck. I'll report back about it in a week or so when it's installed. If its anything like my lariat, I know mine works flawlessly and has a solid range to it, even from indoors.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Just talked to my dealer 2 days ago. $295 installed out the door on my 2012 F450 XL work truck. I'll report back about it in a week or so when it's installed. If its anything like my lariat, I know mine works flawlessly and has a solid range to it, even from indoors.

Damn... Seems like Ford might have gotten it sorted out then. All of the guys I know with the 6.0 and 6.4 rigs either hate theirs, or go aftermarket. AND it was way more expensive... For that price, I would at least try Ford's...

Twinjracing

Reaction score
I paid extra to have the ford remote start put on my 250 when I bought it. It cost 300 bones (ish) and cost 400 (ish) to install. I wont do it again. It rarely worked. If conditions arent perfect, it failed to start. Parked on a slight incline, windows slightly opened, always something. I dont even use it, on either rig... Go aftermarket, seems to be some good systems out there.

Mine works great. Noproblem s at all

let us know

Damn... Seems like Ford might have gotten it sorted out then. All of the guys I know with the 6.0 and 6.4 rigs either hate theirs, or go aftermarket. AND it was way more expensive... For that price, I would at least try Ford's...

The one from ford on my six four was temperamental and I didn't like it. I love my new one.

Sent in my sleep @ work

CurtisF

Reaction score
I wish I saw this thread sooner..... Anyway, I deal with Ford accessories every single day, so here's some info for everyone regarding Ford's remote starts for the trucks.

For all 2011+ trucks (F-150 and Superduty), they are "plug-n-play" systems. What this means is the remote start kits are simply modules and antennas that plug directly into factory harnesses, then the system is activated through the IDS. There is no wire splicing whatsoever, so all factory wiring remains intact and untouched. Aftermarket systems require wire splicing, relays, etc in order to function.

This also means that install times are greatly reduced. Ford's shop time for a remote start install on a Superduty is 30 minutes. An experienced tech can do it in 15 minutes. I've seen it done on an F-150 in 9 minutes.

What's nice about these is the customer can change user-features on the remote start systems through the console display. You can change climate control functions, run times, etc. without having to push an override button hidden somewhere under the dash and have a cheat sheet with a sequence of key turns and horn honks to access and change those functions. Just remember that the factory setup can only be set to a maximum run-time of 15 minutes. This is due to laws around the country more than anything else.

Ford has several versions of remote starts. The ones with the remote start function built into the key are the short-range units, rated for up to 300 feet, but more like 150 feet realistically. Just like the factory key systems, walls and other obstacles will shorten that range. If you get a kit with a separate FOB, those are the long range units. These are rated by Ford for up to 1000 feet, but actually work more like 1200+ feet. Again, walls and obstacles will cut down on the range, but not quite as bad as the short range versions. All of these are the Series 100.

There are also two different styles for the long range units: one-way and bi-directional. Don't be confused by the names, they are virtually the same setup. The only difference is the antenna and the FOB. On the bi-direction units, the FOB will light up and give a faint beep sound when the truck starts, and will continue to flash while the truck is running. This simply gives you feedback that the truck is running in case you can't physically see the truck. The one-way units are just that... the remote is one-way. There's no two way communication back to the FOB to let you know the truck is running.

Lastly, Ford also carries units that combine remote start and security (Series 200). So you can add a factory system that will give you the remote start capabilities plus alarm.

Anyway, that sums up the remote starts. Here are the part numbers in case folks are wanting them for reference when they go into the dealership:

Remote Start RPO Plug-N-Play (short range) BC3Z-19G364-A

Remote Start Series 100 Plug-N-Play (one-way) CL3Z-19G364-A

Remote Start Series 100 Plug-N-Play (bi-directional) BT4Z-19G364-A

Remote Start/Security Series 200 Plug-N-Play BB5Z-19G364-C

Also keep in mind that all these systems require a factory hood switch. Most trucks have them, but some do come from the factory without. That part number for the hood switch is BC3Z-19G366-A.

Anyway, hope this helps a little.

SAK

Reaction score
Added prices from Sunrise Ford's website:

Remote Start RPO Plug-N-Play (short range) BC3Z-19G364-A - $192.00

Remote Start Series 100 Plug-N-Play (one-way) CL3Z-19G364-A - $206.40

Remote Start Series 100 Plug-N-Play (bi-directional) BT4Z-19G364-A - $250.80

Remote Start/Security Series 200 Plug-N-Play BB5Z-19G364-C - $298.80

Also keep in mind that all these systems require a factory hood switch. Most trucks have them, but some do come from the factory without. That part number for the hood switch is BC3Z-19G366-A - $18.37

SAK

Reaction score
Ford has several versions of remote starts. The ones with the remote start function built into the key are the short-range units, rated for up to 300 feet, but more like 150 feet realistically. Just like the factory key systems, walls and other obstacles will shorten that range.

Does this system come with a new key w/fob that needs to be cut?

Blowby

Reaction score
Dustin, PM me and I'll give you some info on an authorized reseller/installer for the Viper.

Viper 5901 (now 5704) One Mile Pager Car Alarm W/Remote Start -----$399 Installed

I went with the Viper 5904 (animated display key fob), Smart Start (iPhone) with GPS tracking.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Dustin, PM me and I'll give you some info on an authorized reseller/installer for the Viper.

Viper 5901 (now 5704) One Mile Pager Car Alarm W/Remote Start -----$399 Installed

I went with the Viper 5904 (animated display key fob), Smart Start (iPhone) with GPS tracking.

Would you PM me that info as well I would rather pay $400 for that setup vs $500 for the limited setup at my dealer.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

Blowby

Reaction score
PM'd Strokin.

Dustin they also install the factory unit for $249 plus the bypass module ($79.00 on my 2009).

Latest posts

Members online