Resurgence of a F100

6speedsd

Reaction score
Got the new tires put on today. Also sprayed the frame and wheel wells with undercoating.

23c0852130fcc62c987103025e688740.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Have not. Not sure if I want to or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
you could always wrap them with paper real nice then paint it black. if you don't like it then take it off or paint the tips black and if you dont like it, add the chrome tips like you want.. i think it would look good black though!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

6speedsd

Reaction score
Been getting a little delay going into a forward gear lately. Reverse engages instantly, but drop it to drive and it's a couple second delay at times. Usually less except when the fluid is cold....once it's warm it's just a log hesitation I guess. Hopefully it's not a sign of a failure coming.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Been getting a little delay going into a forward gear lately. Reverse engages instantly, but drop it to drive and it's a couple second delay at times. Usually less except when the fluid is cold....once it's warm it's just a log hesitation I guess. Hopefully it's not a sign of a failure coming.

i dont remember but did you flush and fill the trans fluid?

6speedsd

Reaction score
Yep. Need to check fluid level just to be sure, but it was full, and it's not leaking, so there's no reason for it to be low. Plus you'd think the delay would be in any gear if it was low. Oh well, it is what it is. I'll drive it til it let's go. There's a local guy that does performance rebuilds on them for a reasonable price (I think it's reasonable anyways).

6speedsd

Reaction score
Think I figured out my choke issue too. The factory choke wiring wasn't putting out a full 12v....fluctuated between 8-10. Ran a new 12v keyed wire, and it seems to be right now. Isn't partially closing when you touch the pedal like before. And found my oil leak. Passengers valve cover gasket was leaking. Tried snugging the bolts, loosened it and moved it around some and retightened....still leaked. I even sprung for the quality steel core rubber ones to keep that from happening. Put one of the cork ones I had left over on there and cleaned it all up with some simple green. Seems to have sealed it up.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Nah, I don't snug them up that much. I use my 1/4" ratchet for stuff I'm worried I'll over tighten.

Looks like my drain plug is leaking a little too. I'll put a new copper washer on it next oil change.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Gave her a good wash and full hand wax.
5ee7b915980255098cf347e5e8437aab.jpg

that looks awesome! i still think you should try black tios on the exhaust though.. lol

Think I figured out my choke issue too. The factory choke wiring wasn't putting out a full 12v....fluctuated between 8-10. Ran a new 12v keyed wire, and it seems to be right now. Isn't partially closing when you touch the pedal like before. And found my oil leak. Passengers valve cover gasket was leaking. Tried snugging the bolts, loosened it and moved it around some and retightened....still leaked. I even sprung for the quality steel core rubber ones to keep that from happening. Put one of the cork ones I had left over on there and cleaned it all up with some simple green. Seems to have sealed it up.

that is crazy that the new fangled rubber and steel gaskets couldn't seal it up like it should have and the old school cork gaskets cured it.. im guessing valve cover is warped just a hair.