Resurgence of a F100

6speedsd

Reaction score
Anyone a better puzzle solver than me? I'm thinking F3_E?

If it was a Mustang, 3rd digit should be a Z...doesn't look like that to me. Truck engine would be a E, but doesn't really look like that either.

6c0a5d53a9ea621b7faeec787421ff52.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
Anyone a better puzzle solver than me? I'm thinking F3_E?

If it was a Mustang, 3rd digit should be a Z...doesn't look like that to me. Truck engine would be a E, but doesn't really look like that either.

6c0a5d53a9ea621b7faeec787421ff52.jpg

Looks like a G or C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6speedsd

Reaction score
G and C are codes used for 60's to 70's models, so it can't be that.

El googleo says not to pay attention to that 3rd digit as it means nothing much....same blocks were used in random applications.

I'm pretty certain the first two are F3....anyone agree with me? Would mean it's not a 91, but is a 93.

And anyone know why a rering kit has different part numbers for a truck 5.0 vs a car 5.0?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
It might be that there were different heads and pistons used to control compression between the two. Just a guess

6speedsd

Reaction score
Anyone know what max lift is on a set of stock HO (E7) heads? Cam I'll be running has .447/.447 lift, and I'm wondering if piston to valve clearance should be a concern of mine.

Walt_M

Reaction score
Truck an car motor differences were the oil pans either a rear sump or a deeper pan.
Should be the same engine internals.
C was 60s D was 70s E should be 80s F is 90s.
It looks like is F1 or F7

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

6speedsd

Reaction score
I'm almost certain this one came out of either a Mustang or Tbird. The oil pan was a double sump...smaller sump in the front, bigger in the rear (I think that's right anyways).

Can you run the later style timing cover without the fuel pump boss with an early style waterpump? Was going to run electric fuel and use the late style pump and cover, but if I did, if have to get a different fan and spacer. Was trying to reuse the hard parts I already had if I could.

Also with front dampeners/balencers...did they stay the same or are they different by years? I know to use the flex plate that came on the new one (50oz), but would the front dampeners be the same between my old 70's engine and the early 90's?

6speedsd

Reaction score
Well hopefully within the next 2 weeks I'll have it ready to drive. Won't get to work on it much this weekend though, so may be a little longer. I just hope I don't get a surprise with the C4 like I did with the engine.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Brown Santa made a stop by my house today and brought me some goodies for "Fatboy" (my wife insists we call it that)

e31319bcf783e271f1e40a049388dc8a.jpg

6speedsd

Reaction score
Oops, didn't realize I sat that down on the table. Definitely not a Summit product!

But yes, some of my home brew.

68Merc

Reaction score
6speedsd, years ago I put a mustang 5.0 in an 85 F150, from my understanding from that project the mustang 302's (5.0 H.O.) had a 351W cam in them which causes the firing order to be different. Not sure if the info will help out with the project, I know I'm a little late to the conversation. I'm just a stalker.....

6speedsd

Reaction score
The HO does have a different firing order. However, I'm ditching the stock roller cam setup and using a different cam, which will set me back to the original firing order.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Rained me out of work today, so maybe I can get the bottom end reassembled after honing and cleaning. I need it together enough to measure pushrod length anyways so I can get those ordered if need be. Getting floors done in the house starting Monday, so the weekend will be spent ripping up old floor and moving furniture so I doubt I'll get much wrench time.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Got the bottom end cleaned up, honed, cleaned some more, painted, and reassembled. Started reassembling the heads but called it a night to come in and watch a ballgame. Forgot to snap a pic or two.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'm guessing the Mustang pistons had more dome to them for compression..

if you bought a stroker kit, you wouldn't have to worry about any of that.. lol.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
dam, im late to the party by not reading it all before posting.. already have it going back together.. good deal! what carb and intake is that?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online