Retired s366?

OSCS

Reaction score
I checked it before I swapped the motor and loaded up Matt's tunes. Typical in and out but no side to side.. It only whines like that at 15psi or above. Turbo has less than 10k and has been gated since day one

under pressure

Reaction score
I dont no what it is, but my lil stockish turbo sounds just like that. Thought it may be a bearing. It doesnt leak or smoke so i let it be.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Pressure it up to when you start hearing the noise and see where it's foresure coming from ..Check shaft play again because there's a small chance the turbo oil on the new motor is bad and ruined it but it but i doubt it.

OSCS

Reaction score
Does the truck still run fine? How are egts?

truck runs good egt's are a little high but i have a nasty exhuast leak, pre-turbo (Im looking for some DI headers btw) This is probably why im getting 300 miles on 24 gallons of fuel..

Last edited:

OSCS

Reaction score
Pressure it up to when you start hearing the noise and see where it's foresure coming from ..Check shaft play again because there's a small chance the turbo oil on the new motor is bad and ruined it but it but i doubt it.

I wonder if its a really weird sounding boost leak? I guess pressurising the system would awnser that question

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Check the in/out play.. 01stroked used one of my s366's for a few drag strip runs and with less than 5 13-second passes, the turbo had a significant amount of in/out play on an otherwise new turbo. Losing faith in these 3-series chargers... :??

NRHX2009

Reaction score
I checked it before I swapped the motor and loaded up Matt's tunes. Typical in and out but no side to side.. It only whines like that at 15psi or above. Turbo has less than 10k and has been gated since day one

There is no "typical" in and out play in any turbo, Side to side is typical if it doesnt contact housings. If you can move the shaft/wheels in and out at all you have a thrust bearing issue. Better take care of it before it gets worse.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Mines makes some decently weird sounds at times, but not like that, I also haven't had time to check for any boost or exhaust leaks since it got installed.

OSCS

Reaction score
losing faith in the 366 sounds about right.. im going to do some poking around this evening when i get off. I say "normal" in and out becuase the turbo actually had minor in and out when it came out of the box.. oh well maybe its time for a new turbo, maybe not.

since we are talking about turbo's if it does take a chit what should i get next? i have a 2k budget lets hear your suggestions. Oh and i never tow and do love the early spool up of the 366 but feel like its top end is garbage.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
sounds to me like the comp wheel is carving the housing!!!

give it some time. then throw a 68mm wheel in!! lmfao:jawdrop:

Latest posts

Members online