Rev-X Oil Additive

sly1types

Reaction score
I ran it last winter and helped along with running rotella syn 5-40. Now that its getting cold I'm getting a little stiction again so I ordered some more REVX for the cold weather...

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I've been meaning to order some. Is it 8 ounces every oil change or just the first time? I read somewhere that it was 8 ounces the first time you do it and 4 ounces every time after that.

dxleo2

Reaction score
I finially broke down and got some about a month ago when the weather started to change and my cold starts where a little rough. I changed oil and added it to my oil and to make a long story short- I'm a believer in it and will continue to use it. Good stuff made a difference in my 6.0

windrunner408

Reaction score
I guess I could see adding it in the winter months but right now my oil changes already cost about $180 for oil and filters and adding another $70 to that seems like the proverbial juice isnt really worth the squeeze for every oil change. It is already hard enough justifying the cost of Amsoil and then to raise the cost of the oil change by 40% seems almost too much IMO. I'm sure I sound just like someone who hasnt tried it, which is fine, but I am just trying to justify the cost vs benefits.

alwil

Reaction score
I guess I could see adding it in the winter months but right now my oil changes already cost about $180 for oil and filters and adding another $70 to that seems like the proverbial juice isnt really worth the squeeze for every oil change. It is already hard enough justifying the cost of Amsoil and then to raise the cost of the oil change by 40% seems almost too much IMO. I'm sure I sound just like someone who hasnt tried it, which is fine, but I am just trying to justify the cost vs benefits.

It was hard for me to swallow too.....but i did and noticed a difference in my truck almost right away.

Zmann

Reaction score
I did an oil change this last weekend with amsoil 5w-30 and tried the AR9100 instead of rev-x this time.

it's a lot cheaper
I have never heard of it before today

windrunner408

Reaction score
It was hard for me to swallow too.....but i did and noticed a difference in my truck almost right away.

Did/do you use fully synthetic oil?? I just dont know where the high cost is coming from for 8oz of this stuff. It is good to know that the stuff works for most folks but REALLY?? Your oil change price went up by atleast 40% and could be as high as 100% over what you are paying for your 15qts of oil. I could understand if the price was like half of what they charge for it but paying half again of what I pay already for oil just seems a little over the top. JMO.

Nevertheless, I am getting ready to go up to the North country here in a couple of weeks and I presume it will no doubt get pretty cold so I might score some and see if I notice a difference.

I am curious to know how Strokin6L's stuff works for him.

alwil

Reaction score
I use T-6 and 2 8 oz bottles is about the same as 2 jugs of oil lol. I do an oil change about once a month so one oil change I do fuel filters and the next one I do Rev-X.

Dalpilot

Reaction score
Did/do you use fully synthetic oil?? I just dont know where the high cost is coming from for 8oz of this stuff. It is good to know that the stuff works for most folks but REALLY?? Your oil change price went up by atleast 40% and could be as high as 100% over what you are paying for your 15qts of oil. I could understand if the price was like half of what they charge for it but paying half again of what I pay already for oil just seems a little over the top. JMO.

Nevertheless, I am getting ready to go up to the North country here in a couple of weeks and I presume it will no doubt get pretty cold so I might score some and see if I notice a difference.

I am curious to know how Strokin6L's stuff works for him.

I don't know why it is priced where it is, but I can tell you the dealers aren't getting rich off of it either. That said it works very well. Remember you can extend your oil change in most cases double the mileage with an oil analysis at your normal range. With that it actually saves you money. Pouring perfectly good oil into the recycle barrel is like pouring money away.

windrunner408

Reaction score
You are probably right. I really should do oil analysis. I would love to only have to change my oil every 9 months or so.

I am sure the dealers are not getting rich off of the revx either.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.