Rev-X Oil Additive

windrunner408

Reaction score
Ok well I bit the bullet and purchased two bottles of rev-x and added it to my oil that had about 1000 miles on it since I changed it.

Originally I had switched from 15w-40 to 5w-40 (both were synthetic Amsoil) and it seemed to me like my truck started easier and ran quieter when I switched from 15w-40 to 5w-40.

It came in the mail while I was at work so when I came home I added it. I drove it around for probably 5 minutes while everything was warm and then shut it off. I dont think that I completely circulated it throughout everything in that 5 minutes. When I went out the next moring to start my truck before heading off to work, I didnt really notice a difference. I thought to myself, "I figured it probably wouldnt do anything since I had 5w-40 Amsoil in it already but whatever. I guess it is just snake oil". So I drove the truck about 60 miles for my commute to and from work. This I am sure was sufficient to get it WELL circulated throughout everything. The next day is was below 30*F (IIRC 28F) and the truck was frosted over and when I started it, it ran EVEN quieter than it did when I switched from 15w-40 to 5w-40. In all honesty it sounded like I had started it on a 70*F morning in the summer. I kid you not.

Needless to say I am impressed and am glad I gave it a try. It actually seems like my whole engine has quieted down now. I cant say I have seen any fuel mileage or horse power gains but I have to say I think the truck IS in fact running better and I will probably just do one bottle every oil change vice two and see how that goes or maybe I will do two bottles every other oil change. Either way I would not say that it is "Snake Oil" like every other additive that I have tried for other things. So while it may be expensive, it does work IMO. I am just curious how the AR9100 stuff works?? It would be SO much better if this stuff was half the price that it is.

Atsah

Reaction score
I have had it in for maybe 3K miles and it seems to have "worn off".. IDK.. It made a big differance for a few weeks and now it seems the way it was before I added it.. Who knows, it really depends on the condition of the injectors and how worn they are IMO.. I don't think it was waste of money because it benifits the turbo as well I'm told..

windrunner408

Reaction score
Well I am about to go on a trip up to the north country here next week so i will see how it holds up and works where it really gets cold.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I've been running rev-x for almost 3 years. Changed oil a few weeks ago with 5w-30 and this time i tried AR9100 instead of rev-x. So far with temps being in the 20's in the morning...it fires right up without any issues and without being plugged in. It works just as good as the rev-x.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Since the 7.3 injectors operate similar to the 6.0 I would try it and see.

Chris where did you buy the AR9100??

dasboot

Reaction score
I'd like to try the Rev-x, but a it to high $$$. I got a bottle of BG DOC diesel oil conditioner. It is a quart and you replace it with 1 quart of oil.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Thanks man.

How do you like the fuel treatment?? Have you noticed any improvements with mileage and/or power??

TyCorr

Reaction score
The ONLY fuel additive for power or mileage Id recommend is Fords performance cetane boost. I put windows in a mobil oil salesmans house and he had a 10 dmax. He told me he just got rid of his 08 f350. I said "Oh that why you have all that ford additive?" He said "No, thats the only stuff that works. I have to dump it in a mobil bottle to carry in my truck, for obvious reasons." I told him I used it in my 7.3 so I understood what he was saying. So a mobil rep uses fords additive in his duramax because its that good.

Atsah, recommended it to me and its the best reco Ive got so far.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Thanks man.

How do you like the fuel treatment?? Have you noticed any improvements with mileage and/or power??

Love the fuel additive. It kinda has a little more response/zip on the bottom end it seems. Runs alot better with it. Haven't checked fuel milage cause the truck is going into hibernation very soon. I was wrong...the fuel treatment is the AR6200 not the 6100. I've tried the ford fuel additive....not impressed. The AR6200 makes the truck run better...and i liked the opti-lube XPD better than the ford stuff also.

windrunner408

Reaction score
That is good to know man. I will probably be switching over to the AR9100 on my next oil change and probably just give the AR6200 a try here soon as well.

To the OP, I apologize for the hijack. I will go start my own thread on the Archoil products.

Dalpilot

Reaction score
Rev-X doesn't wear out of oil. Its in there till the next oil change. If you are noticing a difference its not because the rev-x broke down. Sorry to tell you that. Also if your adding a product the very next oil change after the rev-x and claiming it is working the same, hows that work out? If you clean out the injectors using rev-x and then add another product right after, how about waiting to see if it comes back? I'd like to try using it in a truck with stiction issues right away and see if the results are the same.

Just my .02 but I could be biased. LOL

03-Blue-Powerstroke

Reaction score
I tried Rev-X and it made no difference with my truck. Then two oil changes later I tried the AR9100 and it did help with the cold starts a bit.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Rev-X doesn't wear out of oil. Its in there till the next oil change. If you are noticing a difference its not because the rev-x broke down. Sorry to tell you that. Also if your adding a product the very next oil change after the rev-x and claiming it is working the same, hows that work out? If you clean out the injectors using rev-x and then add another product right after, how about waiting to see if it comes back? I'd like to try using it in a truck with stiction issues right away and see if the results are the same.

This is true. I would like to see a comparison. Has anyone used rev-x, noticed it making a difference, and THEN not add it any further oil changes to see if the performance benefits go away?? I am sure they would but was just wondering if anyone has done that to see.

Atsah

Reaction score

Well this morning was pretty cold and I figured it would be a good time to check my FICM voltages again.. Key on 43.3volts..:doh: I have checked the damn thing five times in the last month and it was fine.. What do you guys think of swamps "heavy duty" 48 volt FICM? I'm not interested in there 58V...

chappy

Reaction score
58v is good so I would assume there 48v is as well. I will also ad that my buddy has a 06 and had stiction very bad that would not go away till a 1/2 hour driving and sometimes never go away. He had it tested and 3 injetcors were failing. He knows they need replaced but I suggested revx to him to get by and he had never heard of it. He picked some up and right away noticed a difference. After a couple days the truck is like a new truck again and he couldn't be happier. its only been a month maybe but so far so good. Made a believer out of him.

Last edited:

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
The ONLY fuel additive for power or mileage Id recommend is Fords performance cetane boost. I put windows in a mobil oil salesmans house and he had a 10 dmax. He told me he just got rid of his 08 f350. I said "Oh that why you have all that ford additive?" He said "No, thats the only stuff that works. I have to dump it in a mobil bottle to carry in my truck, for obvious reasons." I told him I used it in my 7.3 so I understood what he was saying. So a mobil rep uses fords additive in his duramax because its that good.

Atsah, recommended it to me and its the best reco Ive got so far.

:whs: I love the Ford Cetane Boost. It is just as cheap, if not cheaper than all the other diesel fuel additives. I used to use Power Service which worked pretty well, but the Ford Cetane Boost just outperforms it IMHO.

The one thing I liked about Power Service over Ford's stuff is that it did quiet my injectors down a little bit more.

strokin6L

Reaction score
i've tried ford stuff, Schaeffer's, power service, stanadyne, opti-lube xpd, and now AR6200. The opti-lube xpd and AR6200 has seemed to work better than anything i've ever tried.

Latest posts

Members online