Reverse lights... what's everyone got?

Mdub707

Reaction score
I, like an idiot, blacked out my tail lights. However at the time I never thought about taping off the reverse lights. In hindsight, I probably should have. I can't see squat backing up. (the lights look really good in the day time, with everything blacked out though) My windows aren't tinted either, but I would really like to get them tinted and the one thing holding me back now is how poor my visibility is when backing up at night currently. So I'm thinking immediately I should probably get another set of tails, and repaint those with the reverse light section left alone. I know I've seen some guys upgrade those bulbs too, what's everyone using? Who's added extra lighting for reverse. I see the recon bar-light that goes under the tail gate, anyone use one of those? How do they work? I'm not sure I completely love the way they look yet either. Any other options. I'd like to see what some of you guys have done...

jdgleason

Reaction score
Retro CREE bulbs from Jason G Racing. Absolutely awesome
a9cfcd86-1.jpg

4cstr

Reaction score
I just wired up a set of aftermarket (ie cheap walmart) driving lights that hang below the bumper. I put a 3 way switch in the cab. I can have the light come on when the truck is put in reverse, leave them off at all times..or turn them on manually if I am hooking up a trailer at night...or need extra light behind my truck.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I had mine painted and asked the reverse portion be left unpainted. I also put the Retro CREE bulbs in from Retro so its the best of both worlds.
Crappy cell pic

b06f598e.jpg

chappy

Reaction score
I didn't think abot it either and tinted them also. I couldnot see crap and had to roll mywindows down since they are tinted. I added the retro reverse lights and still can't see. For some reason the light just doesn't want to go thru the tint. The tail and backup are also retroleds and are nice and bright no problem. The led revers lights help but not by much or like i hoped. I put two decent coats of tint on when I did them. I can get a pic tonight for ya with the leds and you can be the judge of if its worth it.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
CREE LED from retro

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324490275.012628.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324490275.012628.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 124
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324490292.716465.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324490292.716465.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 129

Mdub707

Reaction score
What do the CREE lights from Retro run guys?

I'm thinking this is a good time to pick up some 08+ tails and re-paint them with the reverse portion left off and add these bulbs as well.

abbottfarms

Reaction score
Nothing fancy here, just some decent work lights mounted on my head board on a separate switch so I can use them for work lights as well. Thinking on putting some under my bumper somewhere and wire them in so they come on with the factory lights, but haven't done anything with it yet.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I tinted my whole light and still couldnt see anything with the cree bulbs. So i ordered a set of vision x flood beam leds from Paul at CP to mount underneath my truck. Ill post up some pics when i put them on. Heres what the convex cree bulbs look like with coated tails.
c50f19a1.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.