riffraff billet wheel? ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

under pressure

Reaction score
Garrett has contacted us, it hasn't been finalized and announced yet.... but we are on board as a sponsor.

Sweet ! Jennifer rocks by the way, i had some shipping issues with my WW2 which was a usps mistake... So instead of waiting to see when i got it, she overnighted me another on a friday afternoon. Another shop with great service !

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I think I need to very clear about this wheel.

I designed this. It's my design, my measurements, months and months of my time and my money into the development of this wheel. That's why I have an exclusivity. I don't think it's cool that I design, test, and prototype something and others get to go around me to sell it?

I have a whole line of wheels coming and you will see all kinds of billet wheels on the market, but if I design it, it's mine...... as it should be. Unfortunately people will be duped by copies and billet copies of stock wheels sold on my coattails. Our wheels are engraved with "wicked wheel" to eliminate doubt as to the real wheel.

Bob

I figured this might get started... So if you all think a copy is a copy and coping someone elses work is bad... so bad...

Please compare this product that has been sold for almost two years...

http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/mm5/m...roduct_Code=RDPPRI&Category_Code=F731-RDP-PRI

To this product out for about 4 months now from Dieselsite...

http://www.dieselsite.com/no-crush1999-200373lplenumsupports.aspx

I like Bob, and have been using him for years and years.

I am friends with Clay, and will continue to use him for years and years.

Bob,

If you notice there is an engraving on this part below... I know someone spent some time and effort developing this product as well.

RDPPRI_Main.jpg

So is the dieselsite version the cheap chinese knock off, or is it just a very similar looking part, that fits in the same location and does the very same thing...

Now apply that same line of thinking to a Compressor wheel... Is it a copy? A cheap chinese copy, or just a very similar looking product that does the very same thing.

I'll give you a call this afternoon, burried right now and the dirt worker just dug up the main service to the building...

under pressure

Reaction score
Were plenum sleeves out by a different company more than five years ago ?
I think its not so funny that the WW2 hits the scene, then all of a sudden another shop is offering a similar wheel, seemingly the same week as no one has ever heard of it, or none that google can find.
I see what your saying abount the plenum inserts, but a line of compressor wheels that will be a game changer on several platforms that actualy have a performace gain is a bigger deal.

Billet t-stat housings
Billet plenums
* these are manufactured and offered by 3 or more companies. Though there isnt much here to design and bring them to market. I would think a high performace compressor wheel is a much bigger under taking imo.

Dieselsite

Reaction score
The plenum insert idea was definitely not mine - not sure if it was Clay's but if it was - it was a great one. I liked the idea and designed something more to my liking that would address my customer's problems they were having with RRs. Alot of guys like one stop shopping also. I like my inserts for my boots - they work. I have never had a set of theirs in my hands, nor do I need to. It's an idea - I improved on it.

Just as there are at least five different companies manufacturing their own version of intake plenums (we were one of the original companies selling them), there will be items that are similar but not the same. Coolant filtration started with me and now there are many knockoffs, but there are also some different designs. AIH plugs, single high volume pumps, Aramid CAC boots, coolant filter kits - they all started here. But now there are other options for everyone.

HPOP Repair plugs - I took that idea from international but improved on it, now i see others like RR doing the same thing.

Also Wicked Wheel - it is our registered trademark - yet others refer to it when selling their own version of that wheel. The list goes on.... I have no problem with anyone else making a billet compressor wheel - just don't say it is mine or lead others to believe so.

There can be a copy. And there will be copies. My point is that there are millions of ways to profile a wheel. Because it's billet does not mean its the same wheel or even a copy of it. Seems a little soon for someone to have had time to copy my design.

I like you too Joe - you call it like you see it. Nothing wrong with that.

Bob

Layson

Reaction score
I just think it is great that companies out there are still doing stuff for the 7.3's!!! It is great to see that.

I am looking forward to that 38R wheel you guys are working on!

Dieselsite

Reaction score
I am looking forward to that 38R wheel you guys are working on!

It looks like we'll have those sooner than I thought. We'll be looking for the 1st 50 guys to get it at a discount next week! :redspotdance:

Shooting one off to Strictly Diesel for their review, and one to Beans to try in their D66. Excited to hear back from them.

Bob

Last edited:

under pressure

Reaction score
Ohhh, i had forgotten about the D66..... Cant wait to hear that info. Thats gonna make alot of D66 fans smile !

Layson

Reaction score
It looks like we'll have those sooner than I thought. We'll be looking for the 1st 50 guys to get it at a discount next week! :redspotdance:

Shooting one off to Strictly Diesel for their review, and one to Beans to try in their D66. Excited to hear back from them.

Bob

What kind of price range will they be at?

Jennifer@Dieselsite

Reaction score
What kind of price range will they be at?

I believe the first 50 guys will get it for $200. No waiting list, no pre-orders. First 50 to see it and order it. After that it will be $259. We will update our Facebook page right before we activate the product for purchase...

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Just as there are at least five different companies manufacturing their own version of intake plenums (we were one of the original companies selling them), there will be items that are similar but not the same. Coolant filtration started with me and now there are many knockoffs, but there are also some different designs. AIH plugs, single high volume pumps, Aramid CAC boots, coolant filter kits - they all started here. But now there are other options for everyone.

HPOP Repair plugs - I took that idea from international but improved on it, now i see others like RR doing the same thing.

Also Wicked Wheel - it is our registered trademark - yet others refer to it when selling their own version of that wheel. The list goes on.... I have no problem with anyone else making a billet compressor wheel - just don't say it is mine or lead others to believe so.

There can be a copy. And there will be copies. My point is that there are millions of ways to profile a wheel. Because it's billet does not mean its the same wheel or even a copy of it. Seems a little soon for someone to have had time to copy my design.
It's the difference between businesses that have a conscience and respect what other businesses do, and ones that do not. ANY shop that sells the Borg Warner compressor wheel and puts "WW" or "Wicked Wheel" in the description...without buying it from Bob...is riding on Bobs registered trademark and trying to use is reputation to make a sale...and that is total BS. ANY SHOP! Call it a BW wheel, anti-surge wheel, or anything else...but calling it WW is just wrong! As far as I'm concerned, RR is wronging Bob/DieselSite by having "WW" in their ad. It's fine to sell the part they have, but they need to sell it on it's own merits, without trying to piggyback on Bobs trademark.

This goes for ANY shop that does this to ANY other shop. This crap happens all the time and it's sickening. I deal with other shops and I give credit where it's due. We sell Bobs coolant filter kits because he f&%^ing invented the market for them, nobody was selling them before Bob. Now there are a bunch of parts whores making their own ripped off versions..and there are NO improvements in them...just different logo engraving and anodize colors. When we get called for those other brands, we flat tell the caller that we won't sell their products and that we sell the "Original" versions because we won't support copy-cats companies.

The crap that goes on in this business sometimes...how some people sleep at night...amazes me!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
It's the difference between businesses that have a conscience and respect what other businesses do, and ones that do not. ANY shop that sells the Borg Warner compressor wheel and puts "WW" or "Wicked Wheel" in the description...without buying it from Bob...is riding on Bobs registered trademark and trying to use is reputation to make a sale...and that is total BS. ANY SHOP! Call it a BW wheel, anti-surge wheel, or anything else...but calling it WW is just wrong! As far as I'm concerned, RR is wronging Bob/DieselSite by having "WW" in their ad. It's fine to sell the part they have, but they need to sell it on it's own merits, without trying to piggyback on Bobs trademark.

This goes for ANY shop that does this to ANY other shop. This crap happens all the time and it's sickening. I deal with other shops and I give credit where it's due. We sell Bobs coolant filter kits because he f&%^ing invented the market for them, nobody was selling them before Bob. Now there are a bunch of parts whores making their own ripped off versions..and there are NO improvements in them...just different logo engraving and anodize colors. When we get called for those other brands, we flat tell the caller that we won't sell their products and that we sell the "Original" versions because we won't support copy-cats companies.

The crap that goes on in this business sometimes...how some people sleep at night...amazes me!

So the fact that this has two letters in the name makes it horrible???

http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/mm5/m...duct_Code=RDP170293&Category_Code=F731-TRB-CW

So if the WW part of the name was removed it would not longer be a copy? Just so we are clear on what makes it a copy and what makes it a stand alone product...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
And just to further clarify...

Every swinging dick with a superchips tuner calls the E99 compressor wheel a WW or Wicked Wheel or anything else like that. I would venture to bet 95% of them did not buy it from Bob.

under pressure

Reaction score
false advertising, trying to make something sound like something its not.
regrettably somebody will buy that wheel thinking it's the WW2, though it may be a good product, it's not the wicked wheel product that 50 of us are beta testing for DieselSite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online