Royal Purple

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Royal Purple is now owned by a venture capital firm. They have let go of some top engineering talent, who are now starting their own companies and in litigation with RP. They caught a wiff of what LE was doing in the industrial lubricants market and I see them now trying to do what I do. Which isn't going to happen overnight. The bankers will tire of the forced investment and loose money in the deal eventually. Used to make good products, but who knows anymore what's actually being produced. There are rumors of some serious issues in the industrial side. And I hand them their asses on a regular basis in manufacturing plants. They probably should left well enough alone. But, the former owner is a great guy and got out his labor of love. So I don't care about the bankers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimdawg185

Reaction score
It only takes about 10 to take a crap or talk BS... so the rest is drive time!!!! LOL.... Oh the life of oil salesmen!!

Bwahahahaha!!! Lol!

All kidding aside, there's not an oil salesman on the planet that is as neck deep in reliability and asset management as me. I'm taking a different angle on the whole deal and it's paying off for me and my customers. Problem is, I can only do so much. And no matter how hard I try, I can't find anyone to help me that doesn't want 150k a year. But, I guess that will be my limitation, unless I can win the lottery and buy a highrise full of engineers... that actually want to work in plants and not desk jockey.

JRLott

Reaction score
15k on an oil change? EEK.

Yes...it bothers the fvck outta my OCD thinking about it as well, but the first 10k LE 8854 oil sample was better than the 5k Rotella T6 oil sample. I'm 7k into this round and am contemplating going to 15k. I believe the oil can do it. I'm not sure I can. This is with 5k filter changes, top off of about 2 quarts, and oil samples.

I just swapped both F150 5.0 work trucks to LE8531 5w30 and planning to run them 10k OCI with filters every 5k based on Jim's recommendation and his 10k, 15k, and 22k oil changes in his 5.0.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Yes...it bothers the fvck outta my OCD thinking about it as well, but the first 10k LE 8854 oil sample was better than the 5k Rotella T6 oil sample. I'm 7k into this round and am contemplating going to 15k. I believe the oil can do it. I'm not sure I can. This is with 5k filter changes, top off of about 2 quarts, and oil samples.

I just swapped both F150 5.0 work trucks to LE8531 5w30 and planning to run them 10k OCI with filters every 5k based on Jim's recommendation and his 10k, 15k, and 22k oil changes in his 5.0.

If 15k bothers you then you have drank WAY too much Koolaide..... !!:poke:

heavydoc

Reaction score
Royal Purple is now owned by a venture capital firm. They have let go of some top engineering talent, who are now starting their own companies and in litigation with RP. They caught a wiff of what LE was doing in the industrial lubricants market and I see them now trying to do what I do. Which isn't going to happen overnight. The bankers will tire of the forced investment and loose money in the deal eventually. Used to make good products, but who knows anymore what's actually being produced. There are rumors of some serious issues in the industrial side. And I hand them their asses on a regular basis in manufacturing plants. They probably should left well enough alone. But, the former owner is a great guy and got out his labor of love. So I don't care about the bankers...

How do you feel about the Frantz Filter set up? I saw it on elites website was wondering about that setup with your oil!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

04cr450

Reaction score

My ocd gets the best of me to. I don't even like going 5k miles lol I am in alot of traffic and idle time so I try and do around 3k miles. I may have to try le. ...

jimdawg185

Reaction score
How do you feel about the Frantz Filter set up? I saw it on elites website was wondering about that setup with your oil!

Any bypass filtration is better than none. I haven't seen their ISO tests yet. But seems like a good company.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with changing it more often. You still get the benefit of lower wear. But if you have a good running engine, I do see why you wouldn't want to go out safely.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
It's fine to knock those who use my stuff. My oil is good/great, that's not difficult to prove. But I guarantee that I bend over backwards for every single one of my customers no matter how much they buy from me. I am absolutely dedicated to everyone that calls and orders from me. When was the last time a the owner of a multi million dollar lubricant supply company did anything remotely close to the service I give, for you. The good old guys who might have are getting pushed out by the majors. The new breed is all about proving they are the "best" through marketing and nonsense tests. I'm here because I like you guys. I enjoy sharing my knowledge with everyone on here. And I have thick skin, so I don't mind the ribbing. But these guys saying good things about me isn't but swinging, it's them showing appreciation. And that means a lot to me.

heavydoc

Reaction score
It's fine to knock those who use my stuff. My oil is good/great, that's not difficult to prove. But I guarantee that I bend over backwards for every single one of my customers no matter how much they buy from me. I am absolutely dedicated to everyone that calls and orders from me. When was the last time a the owner of a multi million dollar lubricant supply company did anything remotely close to the service I give, for you. The good old guys who might have are getting pushed out by the majors. The new breed is all about proving they are the "best" through marketing and nonsense tests. I'm here because I like you guys. I enjoy sharing my knowledge with everyone on here. And I have thick skin, so I don't mind the ribbing. But these guys saying good things about me isn't but swinging, it's them showing appreciation. And that means a lot to me.

I for one am sold on this oil and the service how do you prefer I get ahold of you when I am ready to get some oil, pm, call, or text.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I have never had any issues dealing with Jim! I shoot him a text and the oil or fuel treatment is already on its way. And this stuff is second to none. Not to mention how great he is to deal with and talk to. He isn't one of those new "educated idiots " that has a degree and wants to try and make you feel inferior. He will go through everything you want to know and explain it so it makes sense . Its an understatement to say the least, that he goes above and beyond for you. He truly is a great guy.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I for one am sold on this oil and the service how do you prefer I get ahold of you when I am ready to get some oil, pm, call, or text.

Shoot me a text and we can chat when you're ready my man!
616-460-9949

Latest posts

Members online