Running rough

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
After fixing a bent pushrod on the most foward cylinder on driver side bank (exhaust valve I believe) a bad ICP sensor and a pooched exhasut manifold gasket, the truck ran great at first start, and then as soon as it got to temp it starts to idle weird again, similar to before the fixes, very rough and choppy when reved.

It also has an extended crank to start and as soon as it fires it romps once or twice before "smoothing out"

It also puffs grey smoke (smells like fuel) and I see a variance in pyros between right and left banks

Im wondering either an IPR issue or injector ? When I unplug the IPR it does kill the truck tho. The extended crank though ?? It has 62# fuel pressure.

Heres some vids, on the second one after I let off at the top of the hill you can really hear it. I even say it too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isy89iDTeEQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J47KJRiddew

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I was kinda thinking something along those lines. Its a brand new ICP sensor and I just went out and checked. There is oil in the resevoir not right to the top but I can see oil when the plug is removed. Also fired the truck. No problems starting now. Fired right up and seemed to idle decently, but its cold. Ill go for another drive and see what it does.

Im still seeing a bit more raw fuel out the pipes than Id like, Im still thinking an injector problem, o-ring maybe

Im running a terminator modded 17* pump and I have no means of checking ICP, Im gonna order a scan gauge pretty quick here to see whats up.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
sounds like a couple injectors are not working right.. you might want to check into that..

What side did you have the push rod go out in?? Or did you just change them all??

There might be a lose conector on one of the injectors. or 2 of them..

I would lean in the directions of the injectors..

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I removed every pushrod. Only one was bent, so I replaced it.
It was drivers side front cylinder.

When the valve cover was off I checked every connection and they were fine. Truck throws no abnormal codes so Im not sure where to look.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
The injectors have 1000km on them, thats why I didnt change them.

I over-revved it, the transmission is not happy with the extra power so a new one is in the cards fairly soon. it through a 3-4 shift

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Hahaha. Id have to disagree good sir ! =D

Like I said the 3-4 shift selenoid is toast in my trans. There for causing the motor to hit rev limiter at full power. The pushrod bent cause its a stock rod. Therefore its the weak link.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
3500ish

Funny thing is I drove it for about a week with a bent pushrod and bad ICP sensor. It only started running rough after I fixed it ??

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Well keep in mind the difference in power level. ie boost/backpressure

But still possible

That being said, I swapped the old ICP sensor back in and it idles and runs far better now.

I still show a difference in pyros between banks, but as far as that choppy chug, it idles like a kitten now.

Very odd as that sensor threw 3 codes p1280, p1210, and p1211 and now throws nothing

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I thought about that. But the old one I checked a few times and re-installed it before ordering the new one.

I also unplugged the new one while running and it hiccuped a bit and threw the code.

Changed it out this morning with the old one and it ran fine.

I havent put the new one back in no. I dont wanna LOL, it works don't screw with it ? haha

Just ordered a scan gauge so once that gets here I can get some more data on her.

Latest posts

Members online