S&B intake review!

macoyle

Reaction score
Ok guys so last week I was contacted by a guy who works at s&b and offered me a free cold air intake, oiled Red cleanable filter, dry filter, filter cleaning kit, and Filter wrap for free! I'm not going to lie,I thought it was a scam but I called anyway to see what was going on and waited to hear...I'll just take your credit card number lol. Anyways Ryan just wanted my shipping address and wanted to make sure I would write a review and installation thread on the forums I'm on and he would ship me out all that stuff for free. So anyways was excited and everything showed up today so I installed it. First off I didn't follow the instructions 100% since I've worked on this enough and know easier ways to take everything apart. This thread may be a bit long for most of you but I want to give S&B their money's worth.

Showed up!
IMAG0461.png
IMAG0462.png

Bout to get started

IMAG0463.png

Undo clamps holding on stock air filter housing
IMAG0465.png

I removed all the connections to the degas bottle, maf, and Restriction gauge
IMAG0464.png

IMAG0466.png

Loosen all clamps with either a flat head screwdriver or 8mm socket
IMAG0467.png

start removing parts
IMAG0468.png

Remove breather tube ( watch out where your radiator hose lays while your not in the engine bay...it happens to be a perfect length to just flow right into the open hole...luckily I was almost due for an oil change anyway lol)
IMAG0469.png

Remove factory maf and gauge to put onto new intake
IMAG0470.png

Place The maf, breather tube and gauge on your new intake
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/venomhp/IMAG0471.jpg[/IMG
]
use tool provided for the maf screws
[ATTACH=full]184828[/ATTACH]
Start placing the intake into the engine bay and ensure it fits correctly in the grommets
[ATTACH=full]184829[/ATTACH]
Getting this to all line up is not exactly easy, takes a lot of maneuvering because the engine bay is so packed as we know.
[ATTACH=full]184830[/ATTACH]
Having everything line up is very tight, I wish it would have made it easier to remove and install than the oem intake but it's trying to get as much air as possible so I guess that's what happens.
[ATTACH=full]184831[/ATTACH]
Once it's all in, ensure you double check all the connections, band clamps, and hoses so that you wont have any issues. It looks nice now!
[ATTACH=full]184832[/ATTACH]

macoyle

Reaction score
Initial driving impressions are good, has more of a rumble a
On the lower rpms and better throttle response. You can hear more air being sucked in hen you lean into the throttle but once it's wide open you can't hear it. I only took it for about a ten mile check ride but it's a nice setup and cleans up the look of the engine bay. I'll post more up when I get some more miles on it. Thanks again to S&B!

Agjake11

Reaction score
Very cool. I let Dorian twist my arm into getting one also before it left the shop. My Egts have been lower than expected based on other posts I've seen with similar setups.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Yea I can definitely tell they flow more air. I use to have an AFE Stage 2 with the incorporated battery box. I never really liked it and it always had intake temps over ambient due to sucking in hot engine bay air. I got the S&B and now intake temps are the same as ambient unless I come to a stop then they go up above ambient but as soon as I take off again, down they go.

Latest posts

Members online