S369sxe vs kc stage 3

thewrubelator

Reaction score
You'll be on borrowed time with a stock trans. First thing that will go is directs or the converter. So plan accordingly if you want to beat the piss out of it :thumbsup:

shmoozer

Reaction score
He loves to brake hard lol

More like he is retarded lol. I'm not sure why left foot came out.

I know I'm on borrowed time, I knew from the get go. I'll run her till she goes then have one built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
KC stage 3 vs S369 is not a very good comparison. They are very different in size/power.

KC stage 3 vs 364.5 or 366 would be a better comparison. If you want the quick VGT spool and like turbo whistle then you already know the answer. Let us know if we can help. 205/75s and KC stage 3 should put you around 600-650hp

IMO if you are gonna stick with 205s and go Non-vgt then I would skip the s369. You are going to gain A LOT of lag for how little power you will gain on 205s. You might get closer to 700s but there is a big sacrifice in bottom end power when you make that jump. Especially on a stock stall tranny converter. In fact I personally would not go bigger than a 364.5 if you are gonna keep a stock stall converter.

205/75s and 364.5 should also put you right around 600-650hp

If you really want break into the 700s and want the s369 then I would go with 250/100 hybrids and a 2200 stall converter with a built tranny.

Doubler

Reaction score
KC stage 3 vs S369 is not a very good comparison. They are very different in size/power.

KC stage 3 vs 364.5 or 366 would be a better comparison. If you want the quick VGT spool and like turbo whistle then you already know the answer. Let us know if we can help. 205/75s and KC stage 3 should put you around 600-650hp

IMO if you are gonna stick with 205s and go Non-vgt then I would skip the s369. You are going to gain A LOT of lag for how little power you will gain on 205s. You might get closer to 700s but there is a big sacrifice in bottom end power when you make that jump. Especially on a stock stall tranny converter. In fact I personally would not go bigger than a 364.5 if you are gonna keep a stock stall converter.

If you really want break into the 700s and want the s369 then I would go with 250/100 hybrids and a 2200 stall converter with a built tranny.

Best advice right there from Charile 👍🏼

I went with the Bullseye TCT 62/68mm turbo with 225/100mm hybrinds. Turbo flows like a S364 but spools like a S362. Not a cheap turbo compared to the BW stuff but you get what you pay for.

Doubler

Reaction score
Wonder how the bullseye turbo compares to the new sxe line from
Borg warner?

The TCT & NXL line of turbos from bullseye are leaps and bounds ahead when it comes to compressor technology. The TCT 62/68 turbo is rated for 825hp and I believe the BW S362 SXE is rated for 725hp. They are also about $1200 more so it comes at a price.

slc dzl

Reaction score
The TCT & NXL line of turbos from bullseye are leaps and bounds ahead when it comes to compressor technology. The TCT 62/68 turbo is rated for 825hp and I believe the BW S362 SXE is rated for 725hp. They are also about $1200 more so it comes at a price.

Is there numbers somewhere that backs bullseye claim?

Reaction score

I guess it comes down to horsepower goals and that's where I'm at myself. Idk. At 650 I'd rather run a vgt but at 750 or more obviously I don't have any options and maybe 250 hybrids are my route just haven't had enough input on hybrids to decide yet.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I guess it comes down to horsepower goals and that's where I'm at myself. Idk. At 650 I'd rather run a vgt but at 750 or more obviously I don't have any options and maybe 250 hybrids are my route just haven't had enough input on hybrids to decide yet.

Yes I would figure out what you want most and plan around it. You are doing the right thing by doing your research.

Sadly... a lot of guys "think" they want a 750hp truck... and then realize what they really wanted was a really fun street truck that spools fast and is fun to drive. A true 750hp truck becomes difficult to even use on the streets, traction below 50-60mph becomes useless... plus it is usually accompanied by a lot of lag down low if you are running a single. The s369 is probably the most common turbo I get traded in by guys who just were not happy with it... but it is also loved by so many for how much power it puts down for an s300 turbo.

Just to put it into perspective of what I am trying to say. If you compare a 364.5 vs 369 then the 364.5 will make MORE POWER all the way up til about 3100rpms and then the 369 will take over and make more on the top end. That means unless you are above 3100rpms then the 364.5 will be a better turbo in every way. It will run cleaner, spool faster, tow better, and make more power. So if you are building a daily driver/street truck you might ask yourself how much time you spend above 3100rpms.

So where you might be stuck at 650hp with the 364.5 or KC stage 3 turbo... depending on what your driving habits are, it will actually be more fun and faster than having an s369 that makes 700hp but loses a ton of power down low.

Granted being on the dyno/track all the time then you don't care so much about power down low if this is going to be dedicated for that.

shmoozer

Reaction score
Is there a reason that when doing comparisons between turbos everyone always talks about the 364.5 and the 369, but skips over the 366?
I have the 366 and feel it's a great in between turbo. You get better spool than a 369 and more top end pull than a 364.5. Obviously it has its compromises, but overall is a really nice driving turbo. It also flows enough air to get you into the 650-680ish and up range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yes I would figure out what you want most and plan around it. You are doing the right thing by doing your research.

Sadly... a lot of guys "think" they want a 750hp truck... and then realize what they really wanted was a really fun street truck that spools fast and is fun to drive. A true 750hp truck becomes difficult to even use on the streets, traction below 50-60mph becomes useless... plus it is usually accompanied by a lot of lag down low if you are running a single. The s369 is probably the most common turbo I get traded in by guys who just were not happy with it... but it is also loved by so many for how much power it puts down for an s300 turbo.

Just to put it into perspective of what I am trying to say. If you compare a 364.5 vs 369 then the 364.5 will make MORE POWER all the way up til about 3100rpms and then the 369 will take over and make more on the top end. That means unless you are above 3100rpms then the 364.5 will be a better turbo in every way. It will run cleaner, spool faster, tow better, and make more power. So if you are building a daily driver/street truck you might ask yourself how much time you spend above 3100rpms.

So where you might be stuck at 650hp with the 364.5 or KC stage 3 turbo... depending on what your driving habits are, it will actually be more fun and faster than having an s369 that makes 700hp but loses a ton of power down low.

Granted being on the dyno/track all the time then you don't care so much about power down low if this is going to be dedicated for that.

Once again you've done your job as a salesman and I love it. I love feedback 750 is fun but for now I drive this truck to work everyday and play on the weekends. And I'm totally fine with spraying for the extra hp when needed when I am playing. If I go with the stage 3 am I going to be happier and higher hp with 205's or 250 hybrids. I like more fuel but not if it comes at the cost of higher fuel dilutions and shorter lifespan

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Once again you've done your job as a salesman and I love it. I love feedback 750 is fun but for now I drive this truck to work everyday and play on the weekends. And I'm totally fine with spraying for the extra hp when needed when I am playing. If I go with the stage 3 am I going to be happier and higher hp with 205's or 250 hybrids. I like more fuel but not if it comes at the cost of higher fuel dilutions and shorter lifespan

I daily a kc stage 3 with 205/30s. It is an awesome street setup. Relatively no smoke until hammerd on down low, and its got a bit up top, which i have learned is due to the 30 nozzles, as tye pw has to be way too long to empty the injectors. Truck still runs mid 12s though, and it is a ton of fun on the street.

Reaction score
I daily a kc stage 3 with 205/30s. It is an awesome street setup. Relatively no smoke until hammerd on down low, and its got a bit up top, which i have learned is due to the 30 nozzles, as tye pw has to be way too long to empty the injectors. Truck still runs mid 12s though, and it is a ton of fun on the street.

If only we had the option to test drive setups before we spent all of our money on one it wouldn't be so difficult

Reaction score
Cmon out! Ill throw you the keys, and take ya down to talk to Charlie

I might just take you up on that offer. Headstuds are gonna have to go in this week or next degas bottle is seeing 20-21 psi at wot and now puking when I beat on it lol. Bad thing is I bought 425's and now wondering if I needed 625's for future bigger turbos