s475/84 400/400's boost/drive

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
No, please do.

I had people tell me that the 6637 filter won't work because you'll suck it in or that it has serious atmospheric pressure drops inside the intake that would cause damage to the turbo. Pretty sure that on an S465 creating 43 psi of boost, it is more then adequate. Unless there is something wrong with my testing methods.

DZChevy uses his dasdaq wired to a sensor on the intake. So I did the same thing, using the Map sensor since it reads in absolute values. The EBPS also reads in absolute values so unless I am overlooking something, I assume it would work.

Would it not?

As for the ebps working properly or not, good luck. I've had sensors that when you turn the key on read 36 psiA. Cleaning the tube, the pass through and also the actual sensor sometimes works but not always.

So, please tell us why it won't work or you shouldn't use it. I never have and this was the first time I ever used the MAP sensor in this configuration as well. This thread was created to have real world data posted to help weed out erroneous information. So go ahead and respond.

LOL Wow.....

I'm quoting this now, so I can respond later. I think it's funny how you take information as insult

Marty

Reaction score
I just walked outside and tested the 4 trucks here that still have engines in them.

One EBPS was reading 14/15, the rest were reading 30+.

Last edited:

907DAVE

Reaction score
Not questioning your testing methods, but to say tuners don't or shouldn't use MAP or EBPS because the sensors don't work....that's out there.

jngreen

Reaction score
Not questioning your testing methods, but to say tuners don't or shouldn't use MAP or EBPS because the sensors don't work....that's out there.

Thats not the point he was trying to make. I didn't see where he made any suggestions on why tuners do what they do or don't do, and he was refering to the EBPS only when he said they commonly don't read accurately.

Powersmoker

Reaction score

He didn't say that, he just stated that you could use one of the two sensors (EBPS, MAP) as a tool for measuring pre-turbo pressure drop as they both use absolute values. Just have to make sure the tuner is ignoring the particular sensor you want to use in their tuning. Then he was just throwing out information stating that most EBPS normally give false readings. So if you decide to use the EBPS as a tool and it's showing inaccurate data, it might be a good idea to go ahead and replace it.

Last edited:

Marty

Reaction score
I just got done recording the pressure drop on another truck.

2000 f350 dually on 35s
38r / 1.15 housing
International uppipes
Martys fuel system
Swamps 175/146
Swamps tuning, highest tune for 175s

Graphs are at shop, don't know how accurate they are because the map sensor hooked into intake was reading 14.4 at idle. The highest drop i recorded was .52 psiA at the end of a long rpm pull in 3rd gear. The normal was .2 but it was certainly jumping around more then the E99 truck I posted above. Reason I don't know how accurate it is, is because at idle if you would floor it it would drop to 14.3. Unhook the line to the intake and floor it, it did the same thing. I plugged in another map sensor and it did the same thing.

I will post the graphs when i get back to the shop on monday.

For the record this truck pulls the filter minder in everyday, even on a brand new filter. This particular truck has less then 1000 miles on the filter, BUT it spends its life in a rock quarry.

Marty

Reaction score
IMAG2566.jpg

Maybe we should start a thread on the accuracy of the filter minders, anybody know the correlation of psiA drop vs the lines on the filter minder?

I can tell you the inside of that intake track looks brand new and dust free.

Last edited:

907DAVE

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up for me guys.

Marty, glad to see someone doing the leg work for the rest of us, and posting actual data up.

Latest posts

Members online