Same issue after another 5r110w install

JIMS SVT

Reaction score
He hasnt had a chance to look into it anymore yet. They race NMRA so they was out of town this past weekend. So It has all new parts in the trans. Including pump and a bunch of other things. Converter,cooler,and harness from pcm to trans. And it still is basicly doing the same thing on the third trans in it. The only commom thing left between the 3 transmissions is the PCM/TCM. Could it be bad? HE didnt drive it enough to throw a code after the rebuild. After it started acting up on the 3-5 really really bad he parked it.

doubey420

Reaction score
I am having the same exact issues with an 04. smoked the drive clutches, rebuilt it and smoked them again. bought a 60k mile trans with converter, stuck it in and get nothing. no pressure, tires don't move even when they are off the ground, cooler lines aren't getting warm at all. no funny noises in any gear. not even during initial start up. fluid level didn't go down like it should when started for the first time.

If reverse is all mechanical with 0 electronic requirements then I have a feeling the cooler is plugging up when the trans tries to pressurize it. I am going to flush the cooler again and see what I get tonight. Did you say you have changed your cooler?

PCM/TCM- if reverse does not require anything from the computer, until reverse does something it cant be the computer. It cant be bent or broken pins, a bad ground or anything electrically related issues if reverse really is all mechanical. Anybody know this to be a fact?

Latest posts

Members online