Scan Gauge Group Buy

bluedge8

Reaction score
will this thing moniter hpop? i looked on the aeroforce site, im assuming its the interceptor were talking about, and it didnt show capability of the guage to show hpop. though ill assume that since hpop is in the pcm, it will show it?

it monitors hpop via Icp reading, so you can see what the computer is seeing for pressure, if you want to double check that # you would have to hook up a manual pressure gauge to the hpop system. I was icp quite a bit.

Ouch

Reaction score
From PSN also.. an updated list #5 is off PSN the rest PSA...

1. Ouch 2003 7.3, White
2.washingtoncoastie 2003 7.3 excursion. Ill take blue!
3.choupique108 - 03 7.3, blue lighting
4.cw96stroker 2001 7.3, Blue
5. Mini-Stroke... 1996 7.3 Green lighting with a steering column pod for a 5spd please
6.03-Blue-Powerstroke, 03' 6.0, green + steering wheel pod

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
can i get silver bezel, black face, blue lighting? that outta match up close enough to my cobalts. if so, add me. tree trimmer E99 7.3 silver/black/blue. if not, ill do something else for a hpop guage.

JDNeis

Reaction score
Im in.

1. Ouch 2003 7.3, White
2.washingtoncoastie 2003 7.3 excursion. Ill take blue!
3.choupique108 - 03 7.3, blue lighting
4.cw96stroker 2001 7.3, Blue
5. Mini-Stroke... 1996 7.3 Green lighting with a steering column pod for a 5spd please
6.03-Blue-Powerstroke, 03' 6.0, green + steering wheel pod
7.Jdneis- 97' 7.3 Green lighting
_______

Ouch

Reaction score
I'm just quessing but the more custom I think adds like $10 if I rember right on there website..

bluedge8

Reaction score
Can it be hooked up from truck to truck or are there hard lines?
Joe, if you only have the scan gauge and no external gauges you can move it around. The only thing I had trouble with when I moved mine to Ouch's truck was freeing up the cable. You may want to see about a second cable.

Ouch

Reaction score
Joe, if you only have the scan gauge and no external gauges you can move it around. The only thing I had trouble with when I moved mine to Ouch's truck was freeing up the cable. You may want to see about a second cable.

Thats a good point, I didnt think about that when you took it out.. I was kinda planning on swaping out one of mine on the pillar but holy pain if I gotta scan another truck....

Just to be a pain.. is it possible to list the cost of the steering colum pod and the cost of a spare cable?

Enoch

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question, what gauges does this take the place of? Like if I get this will I still need boost, pyro, or tranny?
I did some research but I'm a little nieve when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks.

washingtoncoastie

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question, what gauges does this take the place of? Like if I get this will I still need boost, pyro, or tranny?

Thanks.

im pretty sure that you can buy the fittings to hook up a pyro and trans temp gauge to the scan gauge right off their site.

bluedge8

Reaction score

Thanks.

the scan gauge will read everything the pcm sees, so you could use it for boost, and trans, but my trans temp reading is off a little bit. Also the boost is whatever the map sens sees- but if you have programing or a boost fooler it wont be accurate. And like what was said above, you can add pyro to it you have to buy a couple of things to make it happen and you can only read 2 things at once. I had my other gauges first and would keep those if I did it all over again.

Ouch

Reaction score
How off has your trans temp been? I followed my wire from the sensor to the gauge as best as i could and couldnt find anything. once i get it back I'll open up the pillar and see if anything is behind there but otherwise might go off the scan gauge...

bluedge8

Reaction score
it starts out way off. And then it comes within a few degrees I bet we can fix your trans gauge.

Last edited:

Enoch

Reaction score
the scan gauge will read everything the pcm sees, so you could use it for boost, and trans, but my trans temp reading is off a little bit. Also the boost is whatever the map sens sees- but if you have programing or a boost fooler it wont be accurate. And like what was said above, you can add pyro to it you have to buy a couple of things to make it happen and you can only read 2 things at once. I had my other gauges first and would keep those if I did it all over again.

Thank you.

bluedge8

Reaction score
no problem, just to clarify my post, the scan gauge is a must, but I want my other gauges on top of that.

Enoch

Reaction score
With the scan gauge, what other gauges would you go with or recommend?

bluedge8

Reaction score
really depends on what you are going to do with the truck, if you put in a chip, inj's, turbo etc you NEED egt gauge. boost is basically fun but can help you see if your not building boost right. and trans temp is basically for towing- can save you the cost of a new trans if you watch your temps. other people have done many other gauges but that is enough for me.

Latest posts

Members online