SCT X3 questions about selling

superdutyman97

Reaction score
I recently ended up with a pile of parts when dad traded his 6.0 in and I've got what I wanted from the pile. My question is I'm not entirely sure how to sell the extra X3 I've got now. Can it be sold just as the tuner because I can't locate the disc or package to it. I know it'll have to be retuned because the tunes are from Matt and set up for 155 injectors. If its a no go without the disc I'll just keep it as a backup but I'd like to clear out sone extra parts and put some money back towards studs.

Lilpooh

Reaction score
You don't need the disk, the software downloads are available to the next owner on the SCT website. Just be sure the X3 is unlocked and has unlocks left. The buyer might want to know if its a older X3 that holds canned and custom tunes, or the newer X3 that only holds custom tunes.

Lilpooh

Reaction score
Awesome, I appreciate the input. Have to see if it holds both tunes but valuable information either way. Thanks

The serial number will depict which model.

X3 part #3000-- Here's where it gets confusing. There are two different X3 models, original X-3's and newer X3's. Both have the same part #3000. You will need to look at the device serial # to see which one it is. The original X3's are able to hold canned and custom tunes, the first two letters of the serial # will start with "X3". *The newer style X3's are only capable of holding custom tunes, the first two letters of the serial # will start with "XP". *There are two locations for the serial #, a sticker on the back of the X3 or power up the device, scroll to "device info" to retrieve the serial #.
The serial # tells you which model you have, along with the month/day/year of the device. The first two letters will be either "X3" or "XP", the second pair of numbers will be the month, the third pair of numbers will be the day, and the forth pair of numbers will be the year.*

Example: X3011608XXXXX----------- X3 is device,, 01/16/08 is the date.
X3's sold prior to 7/25/08 are the original X3's.

superdutyman97

Reaction score
That's even better, thank you. Be nice if that was in a sticky somewhere; if it's not already. Make life a little easier buying used parts of this nature.

Latest posts

Members online