Shallow subs...

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
behind the back seat. No power rear slider. Any where else to stuff them besides the console? I'm worried im gonna hate 10's after I've had 12s

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yes I know I can mount 3-12s but do i have enough air space for them in the box?

pog

Reaction score
i put in 2-10 mtx shallow. tt651004 i believe is the model #. talk about a back massage while bumpin some skrillex

06powerstroke

Reaction score
I want vibration over punch. Doea that make sense?

Yea it does. That's why my 10's surprised me so much, they are so loud and clean. I have had many systems over the years, this one is my second favorite. The best was my 2 Alpine Type-X's, but I can't fit those in a crew cab, lol.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ok i may copy you lol do you suggest that amp? How many stable ohms do you run?

06powerstroke

Reaction score
The amp I have is great, puts out 1000 watts RMS @1 ohm. I have 3, 4 ohm 10's, wired in parallel down to about 1.3 ohms. So the amp should be putting out 850-900 watts RMS at that resistance. Your still planning on 2 12's right?

chromehound

Reaction score
Well I went to a car audio forum they are saying i only have enough airspace for 8s so what to do what to do.

Remember those guys are probably looking at it from a competion standpoint and are running the numbers, now they may be right but then why do so many of us run 10s & 12s that sound good and hit hard.

I want vibration over punch. Doea that make sense?

The Alpines in those boxes I have vibrate the mirrors and stuff on my overhead but don't make the sheet metal vibrate.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The amp I have is great, puts out 1000 watts RMS @1 ohm. I have 3, 4 ohm 10's, wired in parallel down to about 1.3 ohms. So the amp should be putting out 850-900 watts RMS at that resistance. Your still planning on 2 12's right?

Idk maybe 3 10s now lol

Remember those guys are probably looking at it from a competion standpoint and are running the numbers, now they may be right but then why do so many of us run 10s & 12s that sound good and hit hard.

Idk thats what im trying to figure out

The Alpines in those boxes I have vibrate the mirrors and stuff on my overhead but don't make the sheet metal vibrate.

:fordoval:

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
And do you have pics and/or a video of your setup?
I think I can get all this for about a grand so I'm pretty happy now

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
8"s can easily hit harder than 12"s or 15"s or 18"s or 21"s.

Its all the box. The whole perception that 12"s will keep up with bass when a 15" cant or what not is completely false, its a myth that has grown rampant.

That said, 2 8"s in a ported box would blow your mind. Digital Designs and Sundown make the best 8"s, i used to compete with Sundown 8"s. digital designs also has a slim line that is better than 99% of stuff you can buy from best buy or crutchfield or what have you.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score

Not exactly. You're not factoring in box rise. You aren't getting that 850-900 watts until the music you're playing gets close to the resonant frequency of the box.

Its extremely hard to calculate box rise, almost impossible. Best thing to do is to buy a amp with some power overhead and set your gains correctly with a DMM.

06powerstroke

Reaction score
I'll get you some pics of the setup smut.

8"s can easily hit harder than 12"s or 15"s or 18"s or 21"s.

Its all the box. The whole perception that 12"s will keep up with bass when a 15" cant or what not is completely false, its a myth that has grown rampant.
I already said a good 8 setup can take a 12, but your making it sound like you can make any 8 as loud as a bigger sub. Which isn't true. You can beat the fact that more surface area will move more air. You say a 8 in a proper box will blow your mind, well just imagine a 12 with a perfectly tuned setup. Will take the 8 out hands down. Of course this is assuming you have the space for a box. Being that these subs are in the back of a crew cab 12's may be a bit out of reach...
Not exactly. You're not factoring in box rise. You aren't getting that 850-900 watts until the music you're playing gets close to the resonant frequency of the box.

Its extremely hard to calculate box rise, almost impossible. Best thing to do is to buy a amp with some power overhead and set your gains correctly with a DMM.
How is the frequency of the box going to affect my amp's output? I agree that when dealing with a ported box the tuned frequency of the box is super important for good clean loud bass.

06powerstroke

Reaction score

Yes it is, forgot mine is discontinued. Here are some simple pics. It's still a work in progress, making a cover for the amps and I'm tearing the rest of the carpet of the back and getting something new...

IMG_20110908_083214.jpg

2011-03-31_08-06-12_910.jpg

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Awesome Thanks!! :bowfast:

Did your truck not have the tool tray thing or did you take it out?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.