Shallow subs...

06powerstroke

Reaction score
For the money I would run the Pioneer shallows, not the cleanest sounding subwoofer, but just all around good for the dollar for doesn't want a huge box like the Kicker CVT's want and not as expensive as the JL TW5 series or other more refined shallow mount subs.

I have never heard a Kicker CVT sound good, they all sound like chit! The JL is something I would like to hear but it is simply too much money, that's why I choose the Pioneer!

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
jk thats kinda dumb. I do know this crap is hard to decide

06powerstroke

Reaction score
jk thats kinda dumb. I do know this crap is hard to decide

It is because it's a big investment without having any idea how it will turn out. That's why I went through 3 setups before I was happy with mine. It was the same way in my last truck. I tried 4 different amps, 4 different sub combos, and so many different boxes I lost count...

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Which is why im trying to cheat off you LOL but I like my lows So i i thought about throwing in a 12 but if i do and it sucks i cant throw a 10 back in..

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I didnt think i had the airspace for that???? If I do then I will do 3 12's Without a doubt1

06powerstroke

Reaction score
I didnt think i had the airspace for that???? If I do then I will do 3 12's Without a doubt1

Did you read JDC's post? He said if you fit a 60" wide box 4 12's would fit with .5 cubic feet of airspace, he said the pioneers only require .3. I thought it would be too tight but it seems like it is good. I would trust what he says, he has a great understanding of car audio.

AKHILF

Reaction score
I have four L5 kickers behind my seat.. They did hit the back seat a little so its going back in and getting the L7's this time. I didnt think i could run them when I did this the first time but now i know I can and im just going to put grilles on them.
93146315.jpg

Latest posts

Members online