Short commute with a 6.7

JD3020

Reaction score
Starting to find myself missing having a truck to DD, which is sad considering i have an F450 and 2 OBS's. My diesel Jeep is nice, gets 23-24mpg's around town, but its too small. So i'm really thinking about getting a CCSB 6.7. But, i'm worried that my short drive to work might cause issues with the *** clogging quick. I drive 6 miles each way to our shop, country roads so 55-60, with 2 stop signs. I do put on some miles when we decide to go out as i'm 20-30 miles from the city, but for the most part i'm doing 5-10 mile trips. Hell our farm is only 8 miles away, and thats all slow driving, pretty much 25-40mph. Obviously delleting it would be the answer, but if i buy something it will be staying stock for a while. Any thoughts?

sootie

Reaction score
I think you would mostly be fine, your urea consumption may just go up that's all. I don't know what your budget is but i will be selling my eclb F350 XLT 6.7 in a month or so...

PDT1081

Reaction score
You will be ok, just get a monitor (I use the Torque Pro App) so you can see regen status, egts, and Soot %. It's easy to miss the message popping up on the dash.

My current commute is around 9 miles each way. Mileage suffers a few mpgs is all. I've had to sit and wait for a couple regens to cool down as well.

Last edited:

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I dove mine on short trips for a while, I only lived 3.5 miles to the farm/work so it didn't get miles put on it except for longer trips. But, the truck would go into regen after a 200 mile round trip about 2 blocks from the house, it was like it knew then I had to drive around and let if finish. I put up with it for almost 7K miles before it all fell off and its been that way for the last 60K and has been great even on short trips.

Notneb

Reaction score
Regens didn't piss me off, it's like others have said: not being able to park the truck cuz it decided to do a regen right as you pulled into the driveway was the final straw for me.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My ****king tractor did a regen today LOL...
No bs. Sitting there talking. It sounded like it was gonna die and the message center said "idle to 1500rpms". Ok...wtf! 2015 jd

Notneb

Reaction score
Yet one merchant ship produces more emissions a year than all the diesel tractors in the US... Seems legit...

TyCorr

Reaction score
I havent ever seen the tractor do it. It has 285 hours in it too. It gets run ***kin hard!

patricku47

Reaction score
My ****king tractor did a regen today LOL...
No bs. Sitting there talking. It sounded like it was gonna die and the message center said "idle to 1500rpms". Ok...wtf! 2015 jd

That's why I bought a new 2014. I didn't want to have to look into tuning and dereeting my tractor.... lol

Latest posts

Members online