Should I get 6.0 or keep my 7.3

Codydiesel

Reaction score
I'll say I have 03 6.0 dually that has 430k on the original motor and headgaskets never been studded. Also it had been bullydog tuned for over 300k so 6.0s can be very reliable.

Jomax

Reaction score
I'll say I have 03 6.0 dually that has 430k on the original motor and headgaskets never been studded. Also it had been bullydog tuned for over 300k so 6.0s can be very reliable.

man,

Also, my uncle had his 6.0 bully dog tuned. I must say, that tuner ran good. I was amazed at the time.

Shockingly, he was bone stock and ran that truck Hard.... Even skipped oil changed till 20k....

Just had the ficm go out and injector orings/oil rail nipples. And misc other stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
bully dogs actually run really strong on 6.0's, they just have a knack for munching up transmissions

if you leave them on kill all the time, they hold up better. if you try to use the SOTF feature, it'll tear them up with a quickness

Codydiesel

Reaction score
Yeah I bought it at 430k for 1k it was a 4x4 dually lariat that had injectors done 200 miles before I bought it. He thought the motor was bad since it locked up but whoever did the injectors didn't install them right and it had 11 gallons of oil/fuel in the pan.

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
After I studded/******d my 04 6.0, I sold my 97 7.3. Just to end up buying another 7.3 about a year later. My 6.0 has been reliable besides the 5 transmissions I've been through. It's nice always knowing that when my 6.0 breaks my 7.3 will get me where I'm going.

Latest posts

Members online