Shoulda just went with beans

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSCS

Reaction score
To be clear these are NOT one peice like advertised. The collar that the boot fits over is leaking where at the top of the plenum. Riff raff is full of chit

OSCS

Reaction score
O-ring design is sound. It's just not a true "one peice" design. The coupler which the boot attaches to is a seperate peice than the plenum.

Last edited:

Fly By Night

Reaction score
Here comes the lynch moab :gethim::axe: :popcorn:

Have you spoken to the vendor about this, or did you just decide to call them out? There is such thing as a manufacturing defect.

OSCS

Reaction score
Here comes the lynch moab :gethim::axe: :popcorn:

Have you spoken to the vendor about this, or did you just decide to call them out? There is such thing as a manufacturing defect.

I could give a chit what the vendor says. The video speaks for itself. After removable you can CLEARLY see that they are not one peice. Maybe if they sponsored the site they could defend themselves. RR has an email containing this video and a request for a full refund plus shipping both ways. I'm not interested in swapping parts I'm going with another vendor.

OSCS

Reaction score
Strait from clay

"Michael,
If you would like to send that back that is no problem. Here is the shipping label to do so. *It looks as if for some reason sealant wasn't applied to the plenum neck on that one which isn't the way it was designed. *I am sorry for the issue and would like to be able to send you a different set if that would be permissible."

This clarifies that these are not a one peice designed like clay told me originally. I declined the swap. Just though I'd let you guys know about it.

Big Bore

Reaction score
I'm looking at the ad and nowhere does it say one piece. Regardless, who's to say you didn't crack something fighting the intake spyder on? One can understand you being frustrated after going through the trouble to install them, but you need to step back and take a breath and give the vendor a chance. RR has a good rep for a reason.

OSCS

Reaction score
They were not cracked and clay told me over the phone they were one peice.

OSCS

Reaction score
I'm looking at the ad and nowhere does it say one piece. Regardless, who's to say you didn't crack something fighting the intake spyder on? One can understand you being frustrated after going through the trouble to install them, but you need to step back and take a breath and give the vendor a chance. RR has a good rep for a reason.

RR has a good customer service rep but a terrible quality rep.
I should have listened to the many people telling me not to buy them.

Big Bore

Reaction score
I've talked to and dealt with Clay several times. I'm not inclined to believe he would deliberately mislead you. I'm more inclined to believe you either misunderstood, or are completely mistaken, and I think your post here is premature and way out of line. His email to you more than vindicates him.

OSCS

Reaction score
I've talked to and dealt with Clay several times. I'm not inclined to believe he would deliberately mislead you. I'm more inclined to believe you either misunderstood, or are completely mistaken, and I think your post here is premature and way out of line. His email to you more than vindicates him.

I'm not saying he isn't a good man. I could have mis understood him or whatever but damn really? O-rings and the collar are leaking in less than 100 miles?? How do you defend that? Oh well! I'm clearly upset, just not happy with the quality of these just like I wast happy with the FRx I bough from him that leaked fuel everywhere. I don't want to start a fight about this I just wanted to show some members on here my experience with these plenums

OSCS

Reaction score
I do appreciate his immediate response and helpfullness so I will give him credit with his customer service but quality if parts don't get my vote

Reaction score
sorry to hear this...it suck's you thought you was getting a good deal...not much of a budget mod when you got to buy again..your not the first one with a leaking FRX ether..I have read a couple threads on that....
not understanding the 2 piece's..for some reason i cant open you picture..ill try again latter..

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
I think I would have taken some time to calm down a bit before making a post in which you are clearly venting your frustration. It could have been handled very differently which I think would have carried much more weight. When you seem like you are completely upset and frustrated that's what people tend to write it off as rather than an objective look at what happened.

You are still clearly frustrated after all the hard work you put in getting them on and the huge disappointment of their failure. Its understandable. My suggestion: Times like this its best to bite your tongue until you have time to let the heat of the moment pass. Give a it a bit then take a look back at this thread and give another update based on the response/s you have been given by Rif Raf clay who ever this vendor is. I honestly have never bought anything from him or even know who he is. Only that he must give some decent prices and a group on here likes to talk him up then cry foul when its shut down as hes not a vendor. So I am clearly not pro or against him.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Good post TARM. To the OP. I would cool off and chill. I certainly can understand your frustration. We have all been there. Mistakes do happen.

I know clay will make it right. Or refund your $$.

patrickke

Reaction score
Like Andrew said Clay will make it right... He takes pride in his parts and service. I never think Clay would intentionally mislead you. Give him a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online