side badges

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So if y'all were to do it yourself, using the rattle can method, what exact steps would y'all take? Primer, paint and the clear? And special primer or clear?

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

the interior parts are rough textured plastic. i did not sand it down, its un noticeable. the rest i would lightly sand , use plastic primer, and plastic paint with finish you want (ie flat, satin, semi gloss or gloss) .. maybe clear after if your doing a semi gloss or higher finish to harden up the paint, as there are a bunch of corners and edges that are suceptible to peeling. mine is all done with automtive paint in a booth, but my buddy worries about the corners as its so hard to prep them.

12stroker

Reaction score
2anu2una.jpg

Got mine pulled off and all broken down. Hopefully I'll be able to paint them tomorrow. Bigrpower, do you have any tips on masking off the black interior on the F-250? I was thinking of using Chapstick. Also did you use any kind of primer? I'm planning on getting a spray can of color matched paint from orileys tomorrow.

Thinking of painting them blue or black? If blue I have some left overs at the body shop and grey as well. I have spent to much on paint lately LOL

BlueOx

Reaction score
Thinking of painting them blue or black? If blue I have some left overs at the body shop and grey as well. I have spent to much on paint lately LOL

Lol I wish you have told me earlier lol I just spent $75 at the auto parts store on paint and primer lol

BlueOx

Reaction score
Lol sorry I was busy today with my gf if not I would of posted earlier. What color did you go with blue.

I found out orileys can match the paint code of our trucks. I got spray can of the blue and gray

12stroker

Reaction score
Yeah I tried that.... They only could do a dark blue metallic. So I went to a paint shop and they matched the blue and the grey with ppg paint.

Chris.v

Reaction score
How did you guys paint the chrome without overspraying the black letters?

Thanks
Chris

BlueOx

Reaction score
Yeah I tried that.... They only could do a dark blue metallic. So I went to a paint shop and they matched the blue and the grey with ppg paint.

Lol hell I just took them my paint code and they matched it. From what I saw when they mixed it up it looked pretty damn close.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Hmm, I may have to do this to my truck now, looks great guys. Just not sure which colors I should do with the white and tan

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Lets see a good side view pic of the whole truck Mike!

im not loving my headlights so we're gonna try a different direction, but for the rest im VERY happy. still gotta tint tail lights and put mirror lenses on. next phase of mods should be fun.

13_sideview_stock_height.jpg

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
im not loving my headlights so we're gonna try a different direction, but for the rest im VERY happy. still gotta tint tail lights and put mirror lenses on. next phase of mods should be fun.

13_sideview_stock_height.jpg

Yeah, I have a guy that will fix that mess. Side badges rock btw!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a guy that will fix that mess. Side badges rock btw!

ill fix the mess.. was just a test. SOOOO hard to know what will actually work.. im pretty sure i have the recipe now.. just gotta buy another set ! that being said, in the sunlight lights arent bad, but black will not be the direction ...

Last edited:

BlueOx

Reaction score
Well here are the pics of my finished side vents. Overall I think they turned out, considering this was done by me and not some paint shop and done with rattle can paint lmao. Let me know what y'all think!
da6etuqe.jpg

ypadavuj.jpg

Latest posts

Members online