Single Cab Passenger Window Not Working

IKnowNothing7.3

Reaction score
Hey first post on my new account. I couldn’t log into the email for my other account on here so alas, a new account. I have a 1997 F350 Single Cab with a passenger window problem. When I press up, from either side, it rolls down. And it won’t roll back up. I have replaced the motor and it is good, switches are good as well. Has anyone had this problem? I’ve been poking around with a test light trying to find broken wires but I have not had any luck. Any help would be great. And yes, I have searched this forum and haven’t been able to find much relating to this issue.

IKnowNothing7.3

Reaction score
It does from what I remember, this was a few weeks ago when I had everything apart. It is a faint noise though. It is a brand be motor. At the moment I have it disconnected. It’s been raining so much where I’m at I haven’t had a chance to check it out again. I can run wires to it from the battery and get it back up. I threw the switch over to the drivers door and it worked fine. I’ve never been very savvy with wiring.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Did you change just the motor, or did the gear box get changed as well? I am assuming the gear box came attached to the motor.

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
Found a wiring diagram for a f150, maybe check the wire colors and see if they match what you have.

But you could have a bad harness, shorted where it passes through the door. Or someplace else.

Also could be a bad master switch on the driver's door.

1996f150powerwindows_9a9ee19341e60a1febdd5b7591736c9e0746b47b.jpg

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
If the switch is good and the motor is good. Then it has to be a wiring problem.

Does it make a a funny noise going down? I'm also assuming that the motor did not work right from the start of installation.

IKnowNothing7.3

Reaction score
So here’s what I have figured out. If I jump the wires from the motor to the switch, and reverse them it will go up. But only the top part of the switch works. The blue with black stripe is constantly powered. What I think the issue is, which I will experiment with tomorrow, is the light brown/blue stripe is the culprit. That seems to be the bottom constant. So, one can theoretically assume that it should be constantly powered as the blue/black stripe is.

IKnowNothing7.3

Reaction score
Found a wiring diagram for a f150, maybe check the wire colors and see if they match what you have.

But you could have a bad harness, shorted where it passes through the door. Or someplace else.

Also could be a bad master switch on the driver's door.

View attachment 187439
I think this might have saved me. Thank you for giving me the diagram

IKnowNothing7.3

Reaction score
Just as an update for all I figured out what was going on. So, I found a few wires that were broken going from the drivers side to the passenger. Whatever teenager owned this before had no idea what they were doing. Once I figured out the ground issues, I realized it worked but the switch was backwards. Ultimately it was the wiring to the motor itself. From the new motor, the plug was wired in backwards. So I cut the wires going to the plug from the loom side and reversed them. Now everything works as it should.

Members online

No members online now.