Single turbo instal question/review/thoughts

johnp115

Reaction score
There was nothing wrong with it.

I just found that after I put it on, I was completely content with the compounds, and should have tried an upgraded combo first before going to a single. Combined with things other than the truck, so it came off.

It is forsale, but a sale is pending at the moment.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Everyone would be a lot happier with a single on the 6.4 if they did manifolds and uppipes the stock 6.4 manifolds are a huge restriction

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

johnp115

Reaction score
All of that was there minus the cam.

It wasn't laggy, it just ran a little hot for my liking.

I wasn't pressed to switch to a single in the first place, I just bought it at a price where it was worth a shot. And it was worth trying.

Reaction score
Yep. A single isn't for everyone depending on what they do/expect from their truck. They are a lot of fun. They do run hotter than the compounds. But in all reality everyone gets way too crazy about EGT's. The cast 66 on stock fuel runs about 200* less egt at WOT than stock compounds. We went from 1600* to 1400* just by switching turbos. But at cruising they can run 800-1000*. Which is absolutely fine. A 6.0 with a powermax runs in those same cruising temps. And I had duramax here last week that had a 68vgt on stock fuel tuned ran 1000 constantly at 60mph and held 0-1 psi at that same speed.

johnp115

Reaction score
Yep. A single isn't for everyone depending on what they do/expect from their truck. They are a lot of fun. They do run hotter than the compounds. But in all reality everyone gets way too crazy about EGT's. The cast 66 on stock fuel runs about 200* less egt at WOT than stock compounds. We went from 1600* to 1400* just by switching turbos. But at cruising they can run 800-1000*. Which is absolutely fine. A 6.0 with a powermax runs in those same cruising temps. And I had duramax here last week that had a 68vgt on stock fuel tuned ran 1000 constantly at 60mph and held 0-1 psi at that same speed.

Yeah that was exactly how mine was. I was surprised that I couldn't get it over 1400 at wot. I just got the truck not too long ago and like I said I was loving how it drove, but at the price I got The single for I said "let's try it". Glad I did, in the future when I can't get anything more out of upgraded compounds id do a single again, but for now I think I should try those first.

Cknox121

Reaction score
I'm up in the air right now about taking mine off too. Already have a 71 for the compounds... Or I could blow a load of cash for h&s turbo... Decisions, decisions. I do miss the instant light up of the compounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnp115

Reaction score
It is completely boxed up and ready to ship tomorrow.
All hardware included, already cut factory oil line (so you don't have to cut yours.. 90$line), oil drain plug included too.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
I'm up in the air right now about taking mine off too. Already have a 71 for the compounds... Or I could blow a load of cash for h&s turbo... Decisions, decisions. I do miss the instant light up of the compounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or just switch to a divided pedistal and call it a day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online