singles vrs splits

CurtisF

Reaction score
Just to add to the thread...

Singles can be tuned to idle as "quiet" as you want them, so they can be just as quiet as split shots.

However, there is a difference in tone between singles and splits at idle. So however quiet you can tune singles at idle, there will always be a distinct difference in sound between splits and singles - if you know what to listen for.

For example, I can have my truck idle side-by-side with a bone stock SD. Mine doesn't idle any louder, but you can hear the difference between the two trucks. It's very distinct.

dietoremain

Reaction score
They are definitely noticeable but as said if you can get real good tunes lined up they can be made to purr :p haha.

OSCS

Reaction score
I'd consider other tunning than DI.. Unless your bottom end is built than I'd say go for it. Oh yeah and it's VS. not VRS. LOL

OSCS

Reaction score
Iam going to order matts tunes tomarrow tired of the smoke and high egts

did the same thing.. its a night and day difference. I def like davids tunning more but all the BS that comes with it is sucks and isnt worth it

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Are singls shot injectors louder than split shots.The reason i question is i installed 238/100 on my new rebuild, and they seem loud.Iam running 65psi fuel pressure.

Singles are certainly louder. They also require less oil to operate. Thats one of the reasons International used the splits in the SD's, among obvious reasons of emissions.

DocBar

Reaction score
Mine sounded loud and odd to me when I first got my injectors, but now a stock SD sounds odd. They just take some tuning and getting used to.
Once my truck is at NOT and I'm cruising down the road, they seem quieter than splits.

OSCS

Reaction score
Mine sounded loud and odd to me when I first got my injectors, but now a stock SD sounds odd. They just take some tuning and getting used to.
Once my truck is at NOT and I'm cruising down the road, they seem quieter than splits.

It's funny becuase I only noticed how loud they where with Matt's tunning for some reason David's tunes seem like they make less noise :shrug:

DocBar

Reaction score
It's funny becuase I only noticed how loud they where with Matt's tunning
That is funny. Mine is much quieter with Matt's tunes than David's. It's very noticeable when I change chips. People that don't know diesels have even commented on it.

Latest posts

Members online