singles vrs splits

OSCS

Reaction score
Becuase I'm curious what kind of mileage you'll get. We have pretty much the same setup so I'd like to see. I'm only getting around 300 miles to a tank on 35's/city & highway driving and a light foot

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
I get 350-400miles to the tank with Cales tunes. And I run with a heavy foot most the time, and I have 250/100s and 36x15.50x20 atz's.

My best economy since owning the truck has been with the larger injectors.

mudwizer

Reaction score
My odometer is broken been running off of a hour meter since my build.I think my mileage decreased since i went to 238/100s or its my foot.

OSCS

Reaction score
Yeah if I can't get any increase in mileage soon I'm going to be looking for a different tuner.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
^Lots of variables. Tranny, gear ratio, lift/tires, HOW YOU DRIVE etc. It doesnt always come down to the tuner.

OSCS

Reaction score
^Lots of variables. Tranny, gear ratio, lift/tires, HOW YOU DRIVE etc. It doesnt always come down to the tuner.

Well if you took your time to READ properly instead of trying to get your post count up you would see my variables and how they should reflect a 350-400 mile tank.. :doh:

Last edited:

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
And if you weren't a doosh and thread-raiding, you would probably get better answers.

Your idea of "light foot" and MY idea of "light foot" i bet are worlds different.

When I say I 'drive with a light foot', I'm neck and neck with tractor trailers taking off from a red light, I keep RPM's under 2000 (auto... my 6psd I'd shift about 2400rpms for best mileage), I go the speedlimit or 5mph over tops, I coast rather than use my brakes etc. That gets me 18mpg in my truck.

OSCS

Reaction score
And if you weren't a doosh and thread-raiding, you would probably get better answers.

Your idea of "light foot" and MY idea of "light foot" i bet are worlds different.

When I say I 'drive with a light foot', I'm neck and neck with tractor trailers taking off from a red light, I keep RPM's under 2000 (auto... my 6psd I'd shift about 2400rpms for best mileage), I go the speedlimit or 5mph over tops, I coast rather than use my brakes etc. That gets me 18mpg in my truck.

Thread raiding? Better awnsers? i didnt ask any questions noob.. oh you mean telling the guy with the EXACT same setup as me comin off the same tuner with the same issues as me and switching to the same tuner as i am currently running and giving my feed back about it? LOL other than a Massive derail what have you contributed?

"Doosh" huh LOL light foot means not getting into it hard/often smart guy. If you want to coast instead of using breaks and drafting 18 wheelers for better mileage have at it but that's not considered "light foot" driving

Last edited:

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thread raiding? oh you mean telling the guy with the EXACT same setup as me comin off the same tuner with the same issues as me and switching to the same tuner as i am currently running and giving my feed back about it? LOL Doosh huh LOL light foot means not getting into it hard smart guy. If you want to coast instead of using breaks and drafting 18 wheelers for better mileage have at it but that's not considered "light foot" driving

I wasn't trying to be a doosh, but you were.

yes, light footing is doing what I just described. If your not doing that, then no **** you are going to get **** mileage. If I drive like a tool I can drop my 18mpg city driving to 14-16mpg easy. I didn't say I draft 18wheelers, I said I accelerate at the same rate of an 18wheeler when I'm driving light-footed.

If you aren't doing what I highlighted, then be happy with whatever crap mileage you get per tank.

These trucks are not meant for fuel mileage and for them to be used as trucks not drive like a grandpa...

I tow all the time, farm my truck, hunt in fields/streams/woods, pull **** etc all the time. Doesn't mean i have to ravage it when I'm not working it.

OSCS

Reaction score
THE POINT is that I don't drive the truck hard AT ALL meaning I cruise/easy accelerate. And the mileage is around 13.5.. MOST people with my setup who push their trucks HARD get that mileage. It was a general comment made in the direction of the OP so he can take note and record his mileage becuase he has the SAME setup as me.. That is all, derail over

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
THE POINT is that I don't drive the truck hard AT ALL meaning I cruise/easy accelerate. And the mileage is around 13.5.. MOST people with my setup who push their trucks HARD get that mileage. It was a general comment made in the direction of the OP so he can take note and record his mileage becuase he has the SAME setup as me.. That is all, derail over

Agreed 13.5mpg is TERRIBLE (i get better than that w/ my lifted truck towing 5k lbs....). I wasn't trying to be a dumbass, I was just giving my input saying that you might THINK you drive easy, but in all reality you dont.

I'd start looking else where; new oil, lubrication of mechanical components, check for boost leaks (huge MPG killer), etc. Hows egt's been? You should start a new thread and try narrowing this down past more than just the chip.

Arisley

Reaction score
Agreed 13.5mpg is TERRIBLE (i get better than that w/ my lifted truck towing 5k lbs....). I wasn't trying to be a dumbass, I was just giving my input saying that you might THINK you drive easy, but in all reality you dont.

I'd start looking else where; new oil, lubrication of mechanical components, check for boost leaks (huge MPG killer), etc. Hows egt's been? You should start a new thread and try narrowing this down past more than just the chip.

I seem to start seeing a trend in your posting.

Not being able to get along with one person, it could be either party. Not being able to get along with most anybody, you better look at yourself.

Just sayin'

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'm not trying to start trouble, maybe the fashion that I post in seems to be negative, which just simply is not true. I type serious and to the point most of the time, since I post while I'm working, and maybe people see it in a negative connotation which spirals off other things.
I never meant to disrespect OSCS, was just trying to get more info out.

Latest posts

Members online