Snake's build (2005 - present)

05f250harley

Reaction score
I like the center console in your truck. I have been wanting to do something similar in mine. Do you still have any room in your console?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
still no up dates huh, here we have a truck thats already built, and build thread slower than christmas dinner

this just isnt adding up lol

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Poser. This build never even happened. Pshhhh

Hahah. But seriously let's see some pictures I need some spank bank material.

Snake

Reaction score
Guys calm down, He is going at the speed the dealership went at to remove the protective wrap and film it for his documentation.

This.

Prior to removing the protective panels, they needed to move the next truck over.

truck2_zpsb8993ee4.jpg

truck1_zps400f0806.jpg

Then get the mud off

truck4_zpsca01b161.jpg

truck5_zps13bc15e1.jpg

But I digress……….. LOL

Here's a teaser for the next mods

boxesblank_zps04d90466.jpg

Snake

Reaction score
LOL

Sorry gents. Had a lot going on the past few weeks, but I did spend some time thinking about what was done next and I’m pretty sure it was, in fact, the suspension. Going back to 2007………

The money I was saving for a new Harley instead went towards the biggest and most expensive mod to date. My goal was to put together a quality set up that would give me enough room to run 37” tires, the best ride quality available, and lots of wheel travel. This is also one of the only times I didn’t buy exactly what I wanted, but I’m still very happy with what ended up on the truck.

boxeslogo_zps11a9feb3.jpg

rizebefore_zps67da51fc.jpg

rizebefore2_zps0f244660.jpg

No way I was leaving everything grey. Not even an option. But we’ll start with the finished product

lift3_zps5f16f6b5.jpg

lift2_zps10473671.jpg

lift1_zpsa8147ed8.jpg

The lift gave me the clearance I needed to run 37” tires, and I opted for a set of 37/13.50/22 Toyo Open Country MT’s wrapped around Alcoa Super Singles. Yep, those are 10 lugs.

Front Specs

8” Rize four-link with a coil over conversion (all components powder coated True Blue)
Long travel King 2.5 Coil over, reservoir shocks
Icon dual steering stabilizer kit
King steering stabilizers

daytona16_zps9765db26.jpg

daytona7_zps2f1a77a8.jpg

daytona5_zps7faeb25d.jpg

Rear Specs

Factory block
8” DR Plush Ride rear springs (I wanted to powder coat these True Blue also, but found out that they couldn’t go into the oven without being taken apart due to the plastic sliders in between each leaf. Soooo, I went to Tampa Spring and had them pull everything apart, then took the components to Pro Coat in Tampa for powder coating, then back to Tampa Spring for reassembly).
King 2.5 Reservoir shocks
Rize ladder bars (also powder coated True Blue)

daytona10_zps8f3eacff.jpg

daytona11a_zps6e82879f.jpg

Did I mention that everything on the lift kit was powder coated True Blue. EVERY. THING. LOL

Totally forgot about the 08 differential cover. Had it powder coated grey just because.

eng53ine

Reaction score
Did you have to pre order the cover in 07? Lol

02 ccsb, lariat, 7.3 auto, 4x4, 4" duals, 6637,zoodad

Snake

Reaction score
Yeah, back then you could order parts separately and build your own truck. I'm poor so I started with the differential cover.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Jesus Mike, never really knew the components on your truck were this top notch... dang! You've done a hell of a job with it!

Snake

Reaction score
Thanks Mike! I planned on keeping the truck from Day 1 so I tried not to cut corners. Doing something twice is rarely less expensive than doing it right the first time. But it meant I usually had to wait longer for a mod while I saved up. LOL

Mdub707

Reaction score
What's next????? I bet that thing rides like a dream... that's a bad ass lift setup man. I'm sure those kings were cheap!

Snake

Reaction score
What's next????? I bet that thing rides like a dream... that's a bad ass lift setup man. I'm sure those kings were cheap!

Thanks again Mike. Definitely appreciate the positive feedback, and I've been very happy with the ride quality. I was driving over 30k miles / year when the lift kit was installed so I had plenty of time to evaluate things. Certainly better than stock, especially if the bump is big or I'm at speed. I haven't noticed anything wrong, but I'm sure it's well past time to have the shocks freshened up.

What's next? Chronologically I think it's gears and gauges. LOL And I'll post on those next. Most recently I ordered a No Limit Fabrication cold side pipe and Riffraff hot side boots.

Snake

Reaction score
I hit 100k miles in July 2008 (over 30k miles / year!) and the truck currently has just under 175k miles on it.

It's kinda cool because the truck had less than 5 miles on it when I picked it up, and I've driven all but maybe 100 miles of what's showing on the odometer.

Latest posts

Members online