Snow White Resurrection

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Which one is more important; E/T or MPH?!?! E/T wins races not MPH.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 7

You haven't been drag racing long enough, many a case where reaction time and MPH trumped ET:poke:

Get it running again and I promise I will give you a chance to line up.

#2 :popcorn:

Powersmoker

Reaction score
You haven't been drag racing long enough, many a case where reaction time and MPH trumped ET:poke:

Get it running again and I promise I will give you a chance to line up.

#2 :popcorn:

It's always been running, unlike yours. I can cut a pretty mean light, been doing it long enough.

Run a 11.20 or better then get back with me :yawn: BTW, It cut a 1.52 60ft on that pass. I think the following weekend I went truck pulling too. Ohhh the perks of 4wd.

You and your #2, grow some balls and spray that mother!!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
if your thinking of doing a compound set up, why not procharge it? isn't that the best of both worlds, faster spool ups and more top end, with the right procharger?

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
So... Some quick math looks like a 31" tire with 3.54's would net just about the same thing as 3.73's with 33" tires. About one MPH different at 3500 RPM's.

I guess tires would be simpler lol.

What's your target RPM range for OD? How high can you go and stay in your PB I mean.

907DAVE

Reaction score
if your thinking of doing a compound set up, why not procharge it? isn't that the best of both worlds, faster spool ups and more top end, with the right procharger?

Why does everyone get this concept confused?

Procharger is BELT driven which means it is completely RPM dependent (if you cannot reach the target RPM you will never get the boost you need).

Secondly it is placed in a ATMO position which means initial "spool" time is still dependent on the SECONDARY.

Lastly the Procharger takes lots of HP's to turn while an actual turbo is using wasted energy which is virtually free.

What about this setup says it is the best of both?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
So... Some quick math looks like a 31" tire with 3.54's would net just about the same thing as 3.73's with 33" tires. About one MPH different at 3500 RPM's.

I guess tires would be simpler lol.

What's your target RPM range for OD? How high can you go and stay in your PB I mean.

Simpler lighter and less rotating mass

Reaction score
it was pretty cool seeing one of the original Powerstroke Drag trucks go down the strip. like david said around the BBQ pit, he is happy with the engine and that it made it down the track... now lets see whats in store for snow white.

Arisley

Reaction score
Which one is more important; E/T or MPH?!?! E/T wins races not MPH.

Yes ET wins the race, but trap speed lets you know how much you left on the table. If all you are there for is the race at hand, just pay attention to trap speed.

If you are there to learn about the race next weekend also, pay attention to trap speed and try to get the ET to fit it.

BTW, what a killer weekend.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Congrats to David, the truck still back halfs pretty strong to me so I'd say dial the rear suspension in some more and ditch the old dry rotted slicks :poke:

I really think this truck has 10's on fuel in it, and for its first outing in years I think he did great. Give him some time to get it dialed in and lets see what the o'l girls got in'er.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
When I meet John Force, I'm going to ask him if he's ever heard of these 1/4 races where a faster MPH trumps the fastest ET, for a win.

Latest posts

Members online