Snow White Resurrection

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
When I meet John Force, I'm going to ask him if he's ever heard of these 1/4 races where a faster MPH trumps the fastest ET, for a win.

ET is just that ET, doesn't mean you won anything in a drag race,
MPH is just that MPH, doesn't mean you won anything in a drag race.
Reaction time is just that reaction time, doesn't mean you won anything in a drag race.

Now all 3 in different configurations doesn't mean you won anything in a drag race, BUT given the right scenario and you can have a killer win or barely a loss.

There is a lot more to drag racing than having the quickest ET or fastest MPH.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
_DSC0356.jpg

_DSC0358.jpg

_DSC0360.jpg

Dzchey21

Reaction score
ET is just that ET, doesn't mean you won anything in a drag race,
MPH is just that MPH, doesn't mean you won anything in a drag race.
Reaction time is just that reaction time, doesn't mean you won anything in a drag race.

Now all 3 in different configurations doesn't mean you won anything in a drag race, BUT given the right scenario and you can have a killer win or barely a loss.

There is a lot more to drag racing than having the quickest ET or fastest MPH.

Steve might know that if he ever actually races anything :poke:

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Looks like he tree'd you pretty good, Dennis. :lookaround: I don't think I've ever seen David tree anybody, lol. :D

That may have been a real close race if y'all both ran around the times y'all did earlier.

Yes he did. He cut a .3x and I cut a .7x light. I'm pretty sure I would have pulled on him though, my truck leaves a lot more aggressively than his does. Now that I'm getting a handle on how to stage the truck, hopefully my RTs will improve...I'm not feeling too bad since I'm not used to a pro tree.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
You bumped to the second light, then your brake lights went off prior to you starting down the track. Did I see that correctly? Are you keeping the truck staged with something other than foot brake?

Good eye! YES, I've been working on the staging setup in this truck for a while. Listen to the RPM too...not pussy footing around.

You can see the same thing in the outside video of my 11.37 pass (although I flubbed the staging and had to 2-step the throttle...so I left late).

I didn't get a log of the last run (which is a huge bummer)...but the log for my first pass says I launched at 32psi of boost. Prior to this outing, 18psi was the best I could do. The truck hit the tires soooo hard on the last pass that I have to believe boost was even higher that pass.

This is a perfect example of working on the truck setup and getting it right, resulting in a truck with the same exact power combination making significant strides in performance.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Good eye! YES, I've been working on the staging setup in this truck for a while. Listen to the RPM too...not pussy footing around.

You can see the same thing in the outside video of my 11.37 pass (although I flubbed the staging and had to 2-step the throttle...so I left late).

I didn't get a log of the last run (which is a huge bummer)...but the log for my first pass says I launched at 32psi of boost. Prior to this outing, 18psi was the best I could do. The truck hit the tires soooo hard on the last pass that I have to believe boost was even higher that pass.

This is a perfect example of working on the truck setup and getting it right, resulting in a truck with the same exact power combination making significant strides in performance.

Good thing I broke or you would seen first hand "significant strides in performance" as I rolled right back around you after the brief gain in the 60ft:pimp:

Arisley

Reaction score
Congrats to David, the truck still back halfs pretty strong to me so I'd say dial the rear suspension in some more and ditch the old dry rotted slicks :poke:

I really think this truck has 10's on fuel in it, and for its first outing in years I think he did great. Give him some time to get it dialed in and lets see what the o'l girls got in'er.

I think she has 10's in her also. Especially when he gets done, what he is planning on.

Sweet thing is that all of us old Fred Flintstones driving the dinosaurs will be able to do the same thing to our trucks with a DI kit, and a trip to the salvage yard.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online