Snow White Resurrection

JDub

Reaction score
How much did the Lightning weigh and how fast did it go on fuel?

Legal TS Pro-Street weight, don't remember it ever being run on fuel only. I do remember it going 9.91 with an H2E though :D

WOP is in the past though...lets just sit back and watch David and Dennis do it

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I've seen plenty of cars and trucks that were tubbed on drag radials and lightened being driven on the street...... So, WOP has done 10's on fuel in their Lightning, correct? The same truck that probably had every available fiberglass body panel on it, correct? That's a bad ass truck, we all know it and agree. We all know what it did and it "counts" if you want to put it that way....

Snow White should hit 10's soon as a full size truck.. Without having every fiberglass body panel available, still has A/C, etc.. That's cool also..

I'm sure Dennis' truck and Snow White are both quite a bit heavier than the Lightning was, so it will take more for them to go 10's than it did for the Lightning.

Big deal, David or Dennis won't be the first to make it happen. I'm just glad there are people still out there trying to further our platform. Everything isn't about WOP... What they did was cool no doubt, but I will still be happy to see these other guys hit 10's on fuel too.

How much did the Lightning weigh and how fast did it go on fuel?

Reaction score
Legal TS Pro-Street weight, don't remember it ever being run on fuel only. I do remember it going 9.91 with a stock H2E though :D

The last set of rules I had printed out for TS says minimum weight for pro street was 4900 lbs...

Yeah, that 9.91 run was bad ass... Lots of nitrous being ingested by that engine, but nobody should argue with results. If nitrous gets you the results your looking for, awesome. I'd just like to see more people putting up 10's on fuel..

Edit: tree'd by JD.. The Lightning was/is 4500lbs.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
The last set of rules I had printed out for TS says minimum weight for pro street was 4900 lbs...

Yeah, that 9.91 run was bad ass... Lots of nitrous being ingested by that engine, but nobody should argue with results. If nitrous gets you the results your looking for, awesome. I'd just like to see more people putting up 10's on fuel..

Nah TS had a higher weight.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
It's "MY" truck built for "MY" personal pleasure and "I" will run it the way "I" see fit, if "YOU" want to see a truck do what "YOU" like or think is best then build a truck that "YOU" can do that with and keep your opinions about "MY" truck to yourself.

That said Snow White will not get cut up and Mickey the truck is not tubbed it has slightly widened factory inner fenders

Wayne

Reaction score
Seems like there's more info on old WOP vehicles & Dennis' ride than on slow white in this thread. When is this thread not derailed? I feel for ya Lott. :axe:

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Seems like there's more info on old WOP vehicles & Dennis' ride than on slow white in this thread. When is this thread not derailed? I feel for ya Lott. :axe:

it's only a problem if one of my customers says something good about me then they get publicly criticized and eventually banned:shrug:

oh well I can always park her back in the corner:toast:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
it's only a problem if one of my customers says something good about me then they get publicly criticized and eventually banned:shrug:

You noticed that to?

No need to put her in a corner. You are just getting her broke back in!! keep it up. BUT if you do park her put her in a display window!

DocBar

Reaction score

Sounding a little like a pariah...You build good stuff, David. You need to refine your tuning skills though, IMO. I don't mean that as a dig. Your tunes go fast but they aren't DD friendly and they tend to break sh*t. Even your own sh*t.

I say this with the best possible intentions.

Spatel23

Reaction score

You noticed that to?

No need to put her in a corner. You are just getting her broke back in!! keep it up. BUT if you do park her put her in a display window!

:doh:

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Sounding a little like a pariah...You build good stuff, David. You need to refine your tuning skills though, IMO. I don't mean that as a dig. Your tunes go fast but they aren't DD friendly and they tend to break sh*t. Even your own sh*t.

I say this with the best possible intentions.

I am happy with breaking transmissions lol

Viking

Reaction score
One guy got pegged for what seems this whole thread has turned out to be. Dave I started wrenching on my 99 reg cab srw today. You have inspired me to part out the thing and turn it into something faster. I hope to run with you and or Dennis some day. It has a v10 but will get a 7.3, I can't turn my back on the platform that made me get into diesel trucks.

Thanks Dave

DocBar

Reaction score
I am happy with breaking transmissions lol
I'm sure you are. I wasn't being ugly, David. I'm trying to offer constructive criticism. Your tunes are very aggressive. Maybe toning them down a
bit will get you over the top. Experiment and find the sweet spot. You said, yourself, that 7 years ago is a lot different than now. Why not change your tuning strategies to match those changes? It certainly can't hurt.

Black 02

Reaction score
One guy got pegged for what seems this whole thread has turned out to be. Dave I started wrenching on my 99 reg cab srw today. You have inspired me to part out the thing and turn it into something faster. I hope to run with you and or Dennis some day. It has a v10 but will get a 7.3, I can't turn my back on the platform that made me get into diesel trucks.

Thanks Dave

It's pretty stupid he was the fall guy. He made compliments regarding David, DI, and SW, but the non-fans had to ruin it and complain he was derailing the thread, when in fact it was the debbie downers doing the derail.

Last edited:

Dockboy

Reaction score
This whole thing is like watching a "mentally challenged" kid train for the 100 yd dash at the Special Olympics:morons:

DocBar

Reaction score
It's pretty stupid he was the fall guy. He made compliments regarding David, DI, and SW, but the non-fans had to ruin it and complain he was derailing the thread, when in fact it was the debbie downers doing the derail.
There's a couple of people that turned that ugly. Neither one got banned or even challenged. Take it FWIW.

Latest posts