Snowplow Restore Project

big_stroker

Reaction score
The hardest part was getting the old powder coat off the plow and prep for paint.

I didn't disassemble the plow for paint. Just sprayed the whole thing in primer and then painted the plow part Red and then tapped it off to paint the black.

389sixpack

Reaction score
Trey, get some old conveyor belt rubber (6" - 8" wide) and bolt it across the top edge to help roll the snow and stop the spray back. Your skid feet are adjusted to high also. Looks good.

LawnRanger

Reaction score
Trey, get some old conveyor belt rubber (6" - 8" wide) and bolt it across the top edge to help roll the snow and stop the spray back. Your skid feet are adjusted to high also. Looks good.

Rubber.....good idea
Skid feet...... worthless

If you're plowing a gravel drive, it doesn't matter how high you adjust them. All their gona do is dig in.The only way to plow gravel is to back drag the whole thing. I know it sounds like it sucks, 'cuz it does. (This is comming from 18 yrs. of experience)

If you're plowing concrete or asphalt and you want to protect the cutting edge, feet are fine. If you want to do a good job forget the feet altogether. Never use them myself.

Great job on the plow, it looks great.:thumbup:

big_stroker

Reaction score

Yeah I have a 2 foot wide conveyor belt 10' long in the shop that Im going to cut down to 12" and bolt on the top like I did my brothers plow a few years ago. I haven't adjusted the feet yet just put them back on there and took the pics.

This was his plow I had it on my truck for a winter.

17054_1355299080410_1169430031_31122498_3521508_n.jpg

Plow looks good! Alot better than when you picked it up lol

Just a little better LOL

big_stroker

Reaction score
Well I pulled it in the shop the other night and put on the flap on the font and take the old lights off and start on the new light bar.

big_stroker

Reaction score
I hope you're not planning on using that anytime soon. :poke:

I did have a little drift in front of the shop the other day when we had about 1" of snow and 50 mph winds... I almost hooked it up to push it out of the way... Might have been my only time i get to use it this year. but i didn't. :fustrate:

MAC

Reaction score
Looks nice!

I'm hoping someday I can buy my uncles old Western plow (he lives in Ridgeville too, small world? LOL)

big_stroker

Reaction score
Well I got the new light bar and lights on yesterday.

They look a little high in the pictures because I didn't have the plow mounted on the truck and had it sitting on blocks.

I cant wait to hook it up and plow some snow and take some good pics.

Latest posts

Members online