So...how long did it take you?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
My time is very limited these days but it's past time to get this delete stuff done.
How long did it take yall to do delete pipe and EGR deletes?
I have the H&S IC pipe too but I'll probably slip that in one afternoon. I need to get an idea on how long it takes for the other stuff so I can schedule some time on our lift at work. I'll have a fully stocked shop to work in including a 4 post lift so that should help.

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
if ur bolts brake a lot longer because u gotta take off the black top piece than the big piece infront of the turbo

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
The truck is brand new so I don't anticipate that happening. It'll be soaking all bolts a day in advance also...always have.

DWhite

Reaction score
If you don't mess around and stop for to many beers it shouldn't take you long at all. Couple hrs if everything goes good and you get after it.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
It took me 6 hours to do everything. I did a full exhaust but that should make too much of a difference. I took my time so that everything was double checked and covered.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Overall for us it was about 6 hours. Draining the coolant took the most time. I was collecting it to reuse so that small drain wasn't helping. If you pull the passenger side wheel well liner you can get to the heater core hose connection much easier.

DWhite

Reaction score
I don't know how true it is but before I did mine people suggested doing the egr delete when the engine was cold so the two bolts don't twist off and break. I don't know how true it is but just some advice I was given.

zporta

Reaction score
Took me about 4-5 hrs to do the EGR, intake and DPF. Could probably cut an hour off easy. I was working under a car port in the rain.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i only have the delete pipe but at my buddies shop with propper tools and a lift it took maybe 30min and 2 coors lights to do it...

live life full throttle

TheBigNasty

Reaction score
I'm in at about the 6 hr mark. Lazy Sunday. It would definitely be a lot mo faster second time around.

RyanD

Reaction score
So, you can just delete DPF and leave the EGR in place? I was under the impression it all had to go in one fell swoop.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
So, you can just delete DPF and leave the EGR in place? I was under the impression it all had to go in one fell swoop.

No most tuning disables it electronically, you can then remove it if you choose. Removing the EGR requires the DPF to be removed too due to the nature of the tuning but not the other way around.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
So I was about 6 hours all in....that was deleting the exhaust with time to weld the muffler in place which I did on a welding table before install, full EGR delete and lemme tell ya replacing the heater core hose on a '15 with one from an older model is a b!tch. You can't get the tool to release the connector onto that damned thing. I had to drop the fender liner and get medieval on that son of a b!tch. I was cussing Steve the whole time. LOL Also installed the H&S intercooler pipe and made a trip to lunch and the parts store for coolant. I didn't drain enough out and it looked like Niagara Falls when I popped the EGR cooler loose. All in all everything went well with no broken bolts and the No Limit block off plate for the exhaust was tapped clean for my Edge pyro so everything just fell into place.
Verdict...I really didn't expect this much of a difference over tune/No Limit intake but it's an animal now. It will annihilate these 33's at will anywhere under 30 mph. I can't do that anymore...tires are expensive. LOL That's just a Street tune...may have to try the Race tune this weekend just to see what happens.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
those heater core hoses are a BEEEEEEEEACH!!!!

eff every bit of that LOL

Try the race tune this weekend and for there on after :D

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
So I was about 6 hours all in....that was deleting the exhaust with time to weld the muffler in place which I did on a welding table before install, full EGR delete and lemme tell ya replacing the heater core hose on a '15 with one from an older model is a b!tch. You can't get the tool to release the connector onto that damned thing. I had to drop the fender liner and get medieval on that son of a b!tch. I was cussing Steve the whole time. LOL Also installed the H&S intercooler pipe and made a trip to lunch and the parts store for coolant. I didn't drain enough out and it looked like Niagara Falls when I popped the EGR cooler loose. All in all everything went well with no broken bolts and the No Limit block off plate for the exhaust was tapped clean for my Edge pyro so everything just fell into place.
Verdict...I really didn't expect this much of a difference over tune/No Limit intake but it's an animal now. It will annihilate these 33's at will anywhere under 30 mph. I can't do that anymore...tires are expensive. LOL That's just a Street tune...may have to try the Race tune this weekend just to see what happens.
Sweet! Lemme know next time you're im the area.

Latest posts

Members online