So it begins

thuglike

Reaction score
I'll fill you in on the bottle on 7/1.

I'll be back with Jon and will be here to answer all questions.

isootmypants

Reaction score
And the quality of the bottle, outstanding. Looks great. Every weld is invisible. Very nicely done. I highly recommend one so far. I'll get more a a review once truck is together and running.

Strokersace

Reaction score
And the quality of the bottle, outstanding. Looks great. Every weld is invisible. Very nicely done. I highly recommend one so far. I'll get more a a review once truck is together and running.
I'd like to see how these look mounted up. Looks like a dang nice product.

isootmypants

Reaction score
love that pipe color TJ....glad to see you moving ahead with the progress on this

Thanks bud. I was hoping rad and ic show up tomorrow or Thursday to put cab back down and start buttoning it up, but after this storm, I'll be headed down to south jersey and pa for outages. May miss atco Saturday too.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Thanks bud. I was hoping rad and ic show up tomorrow or Thursday to put cab back down and start buttoning it up, but after this storm, I'll be headed down to south jersey and pa for outages. May miss atco Saturday too.

that sucks.....we were talking about heading down also, but I got too much to do on the red truck and customer trucks cant miss the weekend of work.

were shooting for bloomsburg and Numidia in July...sounds like you should be up and running by then also

isootmypants

Reaction score

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Making some good progress! !
How tall is that shop? I'm in the planning stages and want one just tall enough for a 2 post lift

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Building from scratch, 14' is a good starting height.

My shop is 12' and it works for me. With my truck on the lift and raised up, I can't reach but I'm 5'9".

The crossbars for most 2 post lifts are around 144" (12') unless you opt for the higher version. Mohawk lifts don't have crossbars but are $$$$.

Got to keep this in the back of your mind, the higher the ceiling the more area you have to heat and heat rises.

Pics of my shop, 12' ceiling.

4d9aa09450dad2984cd07238ffdb632b.jpg

d2ab3da3e990fed8eef0eb9c1b3bef54.jpg

When you're ready to buy a lift, 10k mininum and make sure it's certified.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Building from scratch, 14' is a good starting height.

My shop is 12' and it works for me. With my truck on the lift and raised up, I can't reach but I'm 5'9".

The crossbars for most 2 post lifts are around 144" (12') unless you opt for the higher version. Mohawk lifts don't have crossbars but are $$$$.

Got to keep this in the back of your mind, the higher the ceiling the more area you have to heat and heat rises.

Pics of my shop, 12' ceiling.

4d9aa09450dad2984cd07238ffdb632b.jpg

d2ab3da3e990fed8eef0eb9c1b3bef54.jpg

When you're ready to buy a lift, 10k mininum and make sure it's certified.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thanks for the pics
I just want everything tall enough to raise the truck and be able to walk/work underneath it
I'll have to double check, but i think the lifts I was looking at had a height of 13'.xx which is why I wanted a 14' building

nossliw

Reaction score
Quick question... do you have a preferred manufacturer? Or is this your first? Been through many?

I'm looking at trying a 4 post BendPak alignment rack.... Just curious what you thought of them or if you had an opinion..14 or 22000 lb rack due to the bigger trucks that come in time to time.

isootmypants

Reaction score
Quick question... do you have a preferred manufacturer? Or is this your first? Been through many?

I'm looking at trying a 4 post BendPak alignment rack.... Just curious what you thought of them or if you had an opinion..14 or 22000 lb rack due to the bigger trucks that come in time to time.

I don't have any alignment stuff. This is an Atlas 12k 2 post. Bought from gregsmithequipment.com for 2200 new. Love it. No complaints

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I don't have any alignment stuff. This is an Atlas 12k 2 post. Bought from gregsmithequipment.com for 2200 new. Love it. No complaints
I think that the site I was looking at recently, pretty cool website
I was like a kid in a candy store LOL

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
We have an 18k at work, and when we get some 550's outfitted at work for fire or hydro for example, the 18k is not quite enough. Wish we had a 22k, but it all depends on what your needs are.

Latest posts

Members online