So it begins

TyCorr

Reaction score
Nope. People refer to cold/hot side in all brands when talking about before and aft of the intercooler. I was trying to soften the blow but he tried to shush me so........

Have at it....

dsberman94

Reaction score
Guarantee I could walk around any car meet around here and say hot side of a turbo setup and 70% would say something about the exhaust. Not saying he's right or wrong, but it's just what it is. The words "compressor" and "turbine" would just confuse the piss out of everyone.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Guarantee I could walk around any car meet around here and say hot side of a turbo setup and 70% would say something about the exhaust. Not saying he's right or wrong, but it's just what it is. The words "compressor" and "turbine" would just confuse the piss out of everyone.

As would words like "educated"

psduser1

Reaction score

At least you can feel right at home...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
must be a truck only thing then because the rest of the automotive world the hotside is the exhaust. other then this thread I have never heard anyone call the intake tract the hot side in a turbo system.
lets see one side hits 1200+ ... sounds like the hot side of a turbo to me
wow.. totally missed the cac thing i guess
I've always heard the compressor outlet/ CAC inlet the hot side, and the engine intake/CAC outlet the cold side. I get what you're saying though.
yip
Roflmfao.

I was referring to the hot side cac pipe in my original poke. TJ clearly understood that in his response (although not certain at the time it was understood I was joking even though a :) was supplied), as did everyone else. I see your clarification in the above post...but that bucket isn't carrying a whole lot of water within the context of this thread.
lmao
Nope. People refer to cold/hot side in all brands when talking about before and aft of the intercooler. I was trying to soften the blow but he tried to shush me so........

Have at it....
yip
At least you can feel right at home...
thats awesome
If differentiation between a compressor and turbine confuse id remind them "theres a reason chevy makes the aveo".
lol

live life full throttle

m j

Reaction score
And if someone says clock the hot side, do you relocate your uppipes or something? It bolts to a damn flange.

really? so who put the flange there? and you dont think they looked at clocking it?
I would bet the guy making your hotside plumbing had to look at the clocking.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/engines-drivetrain/ghtp-1107-turbo-system-fabrication/

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484962

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36536

the CAC can have a hot and cold side, but to say the turbo hot side is the compressor is WRONG.

02BigD

Reaction score

Have you not learned anything around here?

As would words like "educated"

I woke up my wife laughing. Awesome.

If differentiation between a compressor and turbine confuse id remind them "theres a reason chevy makes the aveo".

Clearly.

really? so who put the flange there? and you dont think they looked at clocking it?
I would bet the guy making your hotside plumbing had to look at the clocking.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/engines-drivetrain/ghtp-1107-turbo-system-fabrication/

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484962

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36536

the CAC can have a hot and cold side, but to say the turbo hot side is the compressor is WRONG.

You're the only person referring to a turbo. The only one. You're the ones who's comment was wrong within the context of this thread. Everyone else is talking about hot and cold cac pipping. Are you related to Berman?

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Have you not learned anything around here?

I woke up my wife laughing. Awesome.

Clearly.

You're the only person referring to a turbo. The only one. You're the ones who's comment was wrong within the context of this thread. Everyone else is talking about hot and cold cac pipping. Are you related to Berman?
lmmfao!! right on dom!!

live life full throttle

isootmypants

Reaction score
Mj, everyone else here knows what we are talking about. You're the only one that is referring to it like that. And since you have a non intercooled obs, sure go ahead and consider it like that. I, do not. I have an intercooled truck. So, just stop trying to defend yourself. You won't win. That's it. Done.

isootmypants

Reaction score
Wtf do you know Tony? LOL

Anyway, how close to hearing this purr?

Ordering alradco intercooler and radiator tomorrow. Few parts are goin to powdercoat today. Putting cab back down this week and starting to finish up wiring this weekend. Should have running by next weekend.

Latest posts

Members online