So it begins

isootmypants

Reaction score
900 that's all eh? I'll line up the 90cc sticks with ya at riffraff no problems. Looking forward to this boss, let me know if you and Jim are making a weekend of it or something leading up to Riffraff, I'll come out and help wrench.
-Krause

Haha thanks Andrew. I'm hoping it will be done a ready by then

02BigD

Reaction score
Do you have a picture of carsons girdle?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

From 2008, that's my girdle.

SD010.jpg

02BigD

Reaction score
Got to call Carson. It's been so long I wouldn't be comfortable even speculating.

Last edited:

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Nice piece Dom
A buddy and I were taking about 4 bolt girdles a few months ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

02BigD

Reaction score
Nice piece Dom
A buddy and I were taking about 4 bolt girdles a few months ago.

Back in the day, some guys stated that they saw no difference between 2 bolt or 4 bolt girdles. I respect those guys, BUT...if there really was 0 difference, why are 4 bolt mains more desirable in the gasser world?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
NYcowboy had a 4 bolt girdle. Had spacers for the step down on the cap.

isootmypants

Reaction score
Back in the day, some guys stated that they saw no difference between 2 bolt or 4 bolt girdles. I respect those guys, BUT...if there really was 0 difference, why are 4 bolt mains more desirable in the gasser world?

I know many 2 bolt main big blocks that are spinning 6500 and are 700 hp by me. It's a security thing for some people. Kinda how people say 6spds are better than autos in these trucks..

02BigD

Reaction score
I know many 2 bolt main big blocks that are spinning 6500 and are 700 hp by me. It's a security thing for some people. Kinda how people say 6spds are better than autos in these trucks..

I follow. The big factors for me when purchasing that girdle from Carson was he was basically local to me and I do what I can to support local businesses. The other being that it was at a much better price point than other options available at that time.

:pointlaugh: weak sauce

What is?

isootmypants

Reaction score
I follow. The big factors for me when purchasing that girdle from Carson was he was basically local to me and I do what I can to support local businesses. The other being that it was at a much better price point than other options available at that time.

What is?

I hear ya. I had Carson do my first build. When all I thought I was going to do is 250/100 and a 372, so I only had cryoed rods and fresh rebuild. He ported my heads too. Wish I had done what I'm doing now back then and everything would have been done and over with.

And that's just Caylon being caylon haha. He and I will be having serious competition

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Man Yall are killing me, all I think I want to do is 250/100s....
Ill just watch from the sidelines

isootmypants

Reaction score
Man Yall are killing me, all I think I want to do is 250/100s....
Ill just watch from the sidelines

Don't get me wrong. 250/100 and my 372 was a stout set up. 606hp. Back to back on different dynos. It burned um like a some bi+ch haha. Towed great and everything. I was contemplating on going back but nope. I want to spend more money

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I'm going to play it safe for a little while. When my wife gets done with school I'll come play!
600 hundo is plenty for me lol. I get tickets now

02BigD

Reaction score
I'm going to play it safe for a little while. When my wife gets done with school I'll come play!
600 hundo is plenty for me lol. I get tickets now

In all seriousness, find a good forged rod motor, drop it in and go have fun. 300/200's and the right turbo.

Its plenty for anyone.

Agreed.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
In all seriousness, find a good forged rod motor, drop it in and go have fun. 300/200's and the right turbo.

I have one, just need to get it done and get a trans and I'll probably be done until I phuq something up!

Members online

No members online now.