some questions on a mild 7.3 build

V-Ref

Reaction score

MossBack

Reaction score
I would love to know too... My stocker only lasted 8k miles and 35-40 psi with the 180/100 but it was 180k original turbo with 50k miles having a .84 housing (stock injectors) went back to 1.15 with new injectors. I found out while installing new hpop's that I have 1/4" in and out play and some wheel to housing contact going on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
How long has that turbo lasted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Well the original only lasted one day before it contacted the housing and messed up the comp wheel a little but I drove it for another 5 months like that. The current one has lasted about a year seeing 50psi every time I drove it. Last time I checked it didn't have any play

Sent from my Pear phone 5 using Tapatalk

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Well the original only lasted one day before it contacted the housing and messed up the comp wheel a little but I drove it for another 5 months like that. The current one has lasted about a year seeing 50psi every time I drove it. Last time I checked it didn't have any play

Damn that's a pretty good run

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

JD3020

Reaction score
I used to have a video of it buryin the 60psi gauge. It would do it without an issue. It sounds hard to believe but it did it.

Are you sure the gauge is accurate?

I've seen about 52-53 out of my stock turbo, and the D66 once, and that was pretty much full fuel. I hope your truck has valvesprings, if not theres prolly 80-100psi of backpressure so your exhaust valves would be bouncing off the pistons.

And i got 5k miles out of a fresh re-built stock turbo with these injectors.

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
Gauge is accurate as hell. We tried it on another truck and works perfect. Nope I'm on stock spring and head bolts lmao as far as I know it hasn't had any contact but I don't go over 3k unless I'm pulling and that's beating easy on it when it's past that mark

Reaction score
the best tip iv gotten with helping keep a 7.3 somewhat competitive is make as much traction as you can. that should help out with the lack of power compared to others

This is almost as important as hp. When i ran stock injectors i was way under powered but had my truck setup well and made all the difference in the would. Would usually end up placing, even 1st one time. Traction is key!!!!

If you can hang weights, hang as much as possible as far forward as your rules allow. If your rules allow, a hitch that pulls as far forward on the frame as allowed. Traction bars. Stiff knees. Lockers in the front and back. And good tires with the back pumped up and the front as low as possible without hopping.

For engine i would run 250-300/200s and the D66(stock appearing), studs, springs, prods, HFHV IDM, and supporting mods. As well as alottt water to keep it cool maybe mix a little meth in if your feelin froggy.

Depending on gearing in your truck should be able to hold 3rd down the track and unlock the converter at the end or it will fall on its face when the weigh hits. Just what i would do for a workstock truck

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
I run 35s and 3rd low just runs out really quick. I need more wheel speed. Or I might go back to 33s. Iv got 410s. I'll be welding both ends too

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
Nope I don't have that stuff yet. I can hold 3400 without a problem. I wanna get past 4k. So I'll be doing the springs and studs when I do the full rebuild

TyCorr

Reaction score
Nope I don't have that stuff yet. I can hold 3400 without a problem. I wanna get past 4k. So I'll be doing the springs and studs when I do the full rebuild

I need to get those three things done here too. Injectors will be here shortly.

Latest posts

Members online